2023 Career Arc Returnship Program - Global Markets EQD
Base Salary Range: [$100,000 - $100,000]
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.
This is a six month program with the potential to be hired full time.
Societe Generale’s Career Arc Returnship program is designed to give professionals like you a chance to re-enter the workforce and refresh and sharpen skills through a 6-month paid internship. During the internship you will be given the opportunity to perform meaningful work in a supportive environment while reacclimating to the banking world. We value a variety of backgrounds and levels of talent and are looking for individuals with previous equity sales and trading experience in areas including prime services, program trading, research sales, equity derivatives sales, equity derivatives trading, derivatives structuring, quantitative strategies, and derivatives strategy.
Within Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking, the Global Markets Division brings together the Research, Investment and Risk Management Solutions, Execution and Clearing, Prime Services, Equities, Fixed Income, Futures and Currencies & Commodities structuring capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team. The business uses an advisory and innovation mindset, focused on client needs, with a global leader in financial markets engineering. Global Markets is a leading player in derivatives, with unrivaled over the counter and listed derivatives expertise, as well as cross-asset and economic research. Our prime services' offering is a unique combination of execution, clearing, custody and financing services.
- Will have broad exposure to many trading desks, making markets in hundreds of financial products across the Equities and Derivatives division
- The internship can be in either sales, trading, structuring, derivatives strategy, or prime services within Equities
- Engaging with our clients spanning from banks, hedge funds, insurers, pension funds, real money managers, and corporate accounts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a 2-year career gap
- Knowledge in equities markets
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong background in financial markets products
- Good discipline
- Minimum years of industry experience: 4 years
- Years of Experience (number only) (maximum): 10 years
- Language(s) English
Nice to Have:
- Last Corporate Title of Vice President, Executive Director, Director, or Managing Director
- Preferred Education Background: Finance, Economics, Engineering, Accounting, Math
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomberg Terminal
Why join us
Have you had a 2 year or more break from the workforce because you were taking care of family, supporting a military spouse, supporting ailing family or for a similar reason? Are you excited and ready to return to work? Are you a team player that’s eager to begin collaborating, building relationships, and solving problems? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then we are looking for you!
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 2300041Z
- Entity: SG Americas Securities
- Starting date: immediate
- Publication date: 2023/02/27