ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
If you're into the following challenges: digital, energy transition, diversity/inclusion and you would like to get involved in building the future, you’ve come to the right place! We are looking for team players, invested people who are able to bring ideas and express their opinions.
Are you looking for a stable company offering international opportunities?
- Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Active in the real economy for over 150 years, Societe Generale employs over 138,000 members of staff in 62 countries and supports daily 29 million clients.
A strong cultural mix thanks to a well-established French company in the Americas:
- Societe Generale opened its first office in the United States in 1938 and in Canada in 1974 and has about 2,500 professionals working in 8 U.S. cities, 2 in Canada as well as in Latin America.
A pillar in the economy which is building the tomorrow’s world:
- Societe Generale is not just a financial institution, it is a group that places innovation and sustainable financial practices at the very heart of its culture. The Societe Generale group has made the digital sector a key lever in transforming banking relationships. The 2019 edition of the eCAC40 Trophies ranks Societe Generale at the top rank of the banks that have best evolved in the digital world!
An opportunity to express yourself and get involved:
- Our employees resource groups such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet demonstrate the involvement of our employees for their community.
The Summer Analyst Program, in short:
- One week of product, professional development, Culture & Conduct training, and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) events;
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with Senior Management;
- Ongoing networking and development opportunities inside and outside of your assigned team;
- A Mentorship Program, further integrating you into the SG community;
- Option to shadow members of various teams across the bank;
- Collaboration among fellow interns;
- Opportunity to attend events hosted by our Employee Resource Groups, champions of our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
Which team you could be part of:
The Compliance department acts as Second Line of Defense of the corporate banking, investment banking and broker–dealer activities across Societe Generale’s operations, reporting on the compliance risks and issues to local, regional, and head office management. The staff provide the business lines with guidance on relevant laws, rules, and regulations applicable to their activities and the development of related policies, procedures, training, and controls. The department oversees compliance with external and internal rules that govern our banking and financial activities including Know Your Customer, anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism financing, sanctions & embargoes, client protection, market integrity, anti-bribery & corruption, and data protection. Additionally, it provides trade and communications surveillance, and manages transversal support functions that help the department achieve its goals.
Projects include, but are not limited to:
- Draft policies, principles and procedures to meet the needs of the regulatory authorities in Canada in the area of Compliance and to protect the interests of clients and the reputation of the Group.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in the area of business conduct by Societe Generale entities in Canada that provide corporate finance and investment services.
- Propose rules and procedures designed to comply with obligations relating to the fight against money laundering arising from drug trafficking and organized crime, or financing for terrorist groups, in accordance with current laws.
- Ensure compliance with personal ethics rules applicable to all employees in Canada.
Société Générale is looking for individuals who highly value:
- Academic accomplishments
- Interest in financial markets and analyzing various businesses and industries
- Team spirit and collaboration
- Adaptability, innovative thinking, energy, and enthusiasm
- The opportunity to experience varied work environments
- Commitment to building meaningful professional relationships in the financial sector
Preferred Majors: Finance, Economics, Statistics, Management.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
- Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
- Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
- Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link.
Hybrid Work Environment:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
Why join us
The 15-week (May – August) program includes a Firmwide orientation to Société Generale’s businesses, followed by formal classroom training on our Sales and Trading business. The Summer Analyst Program will enable you to benefit from ongoing networking and development opportunities inside and outside your assigned team.
It is with a long-term approach that we are engaging with the world as it is today: a world in which economic development goes hand-in-hand with environmental and social progress.
As a result, we made Team spirit a central value at Societe Generale Canada. We work together to be able to offer each employee the tailored approach they require to grow.
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside experts, who will support you in your task.
Get ready to join an innovative company where you can bring your full self to work and evolve with forward-thinking individuals to build the bank of tomorrow!
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 22000ZFH
- Entity: Societe Generale Capital Canada
- Starting date: 2023/05/01
- Publication date: 2022/12/21