The purpose of this position is to provide assistance and support to senior managers by performing a variety of administrative and organization functions. This is accomplished by assisting with scheduling/preparing meetings activities, arranging travel plans, maintaining daily contact with departments' staff, overseeing calendar of activities and maintaining appropriate records. Other duties may include overseeing the maintenance of the office, developing departmental communications/presentations, preparing and maintaining records and documents, performing general office administrative duties and completing projects as assigned.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the unit; serves as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative, IT and operational problems.
- Provides administrative support for the department/division such as answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Operates personal computer to compose and edit correspondence and/or memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from knowledge of established department/division policies; may prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for supervisors, which includes coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports; performs basic information gathering and analysis and/or forecasting, as specifically directed.
- Assists unit management and staff in problem solving, project planning, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports.
- Sorts, screens, reviews, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; composes, prepares, or ensures timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
- Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services.
- Leads and trains new staff and/or student employees, as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.