• 15-20 years of operational experience in an IT environment,
• including 3 to 5 years as previously Scrum Master (operational management agile, agile project management).
• Coaching experience of at least 3+ years mandated, which should be the current experience.
• Knowledge of IT + BizOps background required.
• Previous experience of consulting required.
• In depth knowledge of how Scrum and Kanban work
• Working in strictly timeboxed iterations with adaptive planning using some sort of prioritized work list
• Fashioning appropriate tracking and performance metrics that encourage team work rather than individual competition
• Helping other people to adopt and adapt all the agile practices
• Participating in frequent meetings where the team members report to each other, commit to work and identify barriers
• Building and maintaining big visible charts to show progress.
• Rigorous and autonomous, you are likely to focus on strategic projects and focus on customer satisfaction and achievement of objectives.
• Hands on Craft coaching would be a huge added advantage.
• Exposure to Leadership Coaching and Scaled Agile Initiatives (SAFe, LESS)
What we expect a coach to be?
• Good communication and analytical skills to understand complex scenarios quickly
• Promoting collaboration in challenging circumstances
• Good facilitation skills
• Searching for truth/solution relentlessly - honesty and trustworthiness
• A learning attitude (proactive and learning from mistakes) - humility and assertiveness
• Guiding people without controlling them - detachment (ability to step out of a situation)
• An attitude of service without expecting recompense - understanding of transformative learning
• Conflict resolution as learning (not negotiation) - encouraging creativity
• Getting best out the individuals and teams you are working with - Good Coaching skills
• Should not get married to any framework and tool. Continuously evolved in the coaching using agile values and principles based on situation and cultural mindset of the team.
What we don’t expect from you?
• Technical experience related to the work of the team
• The Agile Coach (process facilitator) should not be a performer on the team
• The Agile Coach should not be a direct stakeholder in the results of the work
• Not the boring type, with a checklist to do policing
There is always that Good to have
• Knowledge of software technical practices
• Domain experience related to the goal of the work
• Fun loving
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.