A key goal for the desk is to continually automate electronic flows and adopt quantitative methods to drive better execution. The Algo Developer will have experience developing real-time systems capable of trading in fast markets with an emphasis of solid code that scales well. The environment is fast moving and it’s critical that the candidate be able to quickly translate new ideas into solid implementations.
Primary tasks include but are not limited to:
- Develop, ensure baseline and support low latency trading systems and related tools.
- Take full ownership of algorithmic systems from inception to delivery.
- Work directly with traders to understand their needs and to implement their trading strategies.
- Analyze performance of end-to-end systems using tools such as profilers, log aggregators, network sniffers.
- Communicate and liaise with support team, infrastructure and market access development team to improve the trading systems.
- Adapt existing tools, used in other regions, to the US electronic business
- Understand key industry trends in algo development and market microstructure.
- Collaborate with other members of algo development team in Americas