Description of the Business Line or Department
Within Societe Generale Global Banking and Investment Solutions (GBIS) division, Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) provides institutional clients, brokers and retail clients with a comprehensive range of securities services across all asset classes.
Within the Commercial Team, the Global Sales Facilitation function works closely to the Sales and Relationship Managers team to provide support on their commercial efforts.
SGSS in the UK is a growing division - a very dynamic place - where the candidate will be exposed to a number of different topics, which ultimately will allow her/him to develop multiple sales related skills, including a bigger knowledge of the Investment Banking and Securities Services industry and the different markets SGSS operates in.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Reporting to the local Head of Coverage, Asset Managers, UK & Ireland, the candidate will support sales team in their commercial activities selling SGSS services and products across this client segment.
The trainee will be expected to support the coverage team through the entire sales life-cycle of their activities, including for example; preparation for prospect meetings and follow-up, support for RFPs and due diligence visits, preparation of pricing and contractual terms, service definition and on-boarding.
This role will involve close collaboration with colleagues in Global Sales Facilitation and other departments within CMS, to help deliver business solutions and win new clients for SGSS UK.
Summary of responsibilities
Work within the AM Coverage team to support the business development process for all aspects of the sales life-cycle. Responsibilities include;
· Follow-up upon the commercial activity deriving from Marketing campaigns and events
· Co-ordination and preparation of commercial presentations for client and prospect meetings
· Support for completion of RFP responses, in close collaboration with GSF, including;
o Participation in governance calls and status updates for the deal team
o Review RFP responses and seek clarification where needed (including translation reviews)
o Prepare supporting materials for follow up with the prospect/consultant, such as question clarification
· Support Coverage team in preparation for subsequent presentations, workshops, due diligence etc.
· Creation of briefing documents for senior management (e.g. required for deal sign-off)
· Support the co-ordination and population of answers to Due Diligence questionnaires
· Support the local Account Planning exercise (annual reviews of coverage action plans for SGSS Top 100 Clients and Prospects)
· Capture relevant data input for the sales teams into the CRM system and Deal Flow system
· Preparation for Mid-year and Year-end Sales review meetings to track calling progress
· Participation in regular team meetings to provide updates and follow up on actions
· Assist with transition to onboarding team for successful deals
Level of Autonomy and Authority
The candidate needs to be able to work independently and make their own decisions where required and appropriate. Throughout all activities the individual should be aware of involved risks and comply with respective rules. Being able to work independently, but also to ask questions and to express opinions in a clear and logical way is a relevant skill for this job.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.