- Understanding of data management and data protection principles applicable to the financial services sector (knowledge of the U.S. and Canada legal and regulatory environment, and rulemaking processes in these areas being a plus)
- Ability to understand and communicate with subject matters experts and stakeholders with respect to data protection, and other U.S. and Canada legal and regulatory topics
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Capable of handling multiple ad-hoc requests.
- Demonstrated history of taking initiative
- Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic, deadline-focused environment
- Analytical capability: Able to break down complex problems into simple manageable units, develop solutions for each unit, and integrate them back into the whole. Can absorb ideas quickly and apply then pragmatically
- Results oriented: setting goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness: is aware of own behavior and work style, as well as tolerant of different needs and viewpoints. Demonstrates interest in others’ opinions and shows consideration, concern and respect for other people’s feelings
- Communication Skills: excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels within the organization and be able to relay complex technical concept to non-technical audience
- Leadership: create an inspiring vision, set direction and motivate others to follow that direction and reach that vision
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with GRC systems
- Excellent writing skills
- Securities licenses a plus
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Languages):
- Bachelors Degree
- JD or other advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years experience in Financial Services or related industry
As a business partner and a second line of defense, the SG Americas Compliance Department supports the Business Units and Support Functions in carrying out banking activities in accordance with regulations and ensuring the sustainable development of our business activities. Société Générale in the Americas is present in the United States, Canada and Brazil where it focuses primarily on corporate and investment banking activities. SG also operates in several Latin American countries where it offers a range of specialized banking and financial services. In addition to investment banking, SG in the Americas offers global transaction banking, securities services and equipment financing.
In its role, the Compliance Department contributes fully to the positive impact that Société Générale wishes to have on the transformation of our societies. Therefore, preventing market misconduct, combating money laundering, and thwarting the financing of terrorism and corruption are all tasks that fall within the scope of compliance and contribute to the positive transformation of our economies.
The Compliance Department ensures:
- Compliance with laws, rules and ethical principles specific to banking activities and investment services undertaken by the firm, as well as compliance with staff members' personal rules of good conduct and ethics;
- Awareness-raising and training of all players in preventing non-compliance and reputational risks.