Societe Generale is a global financial institution and one of the largest foreign corporate and investment banks. As such, it has a diverse population which fosters opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in different countries as well as access to international mobility. The firm recently unveiled its new brand platform “The Future is You” which not only demonstrates its commitment and responsibility to its clients, but also to its employees as their ideas and actions can make an impact on the direction of the organization. The Societe Generale U.S. Compliance Department is looking to hire an individual in Montreal as an extension of its U.S. team in Financial Crime Compliance. These individuals will be provided training by U.S. staff and will assist the team with day-to-day responsibilities on projects and deliverables for the Americas (U.S., Canada and Brazil) region.
The Transaction Monitoring Group (“TMG”), within Financial Crime Compliance, manages the rules and parameters used in the Bank’s and Broker Dealer’s automated transaction monitoring system, reviews alerts generated by the system, and conducts investigations for potential SAR filings. TMG also conducts Targeted Account Reviews of certain foreign correspondent bank customers and provides targeted training to SGUS employees on AML industry developments and red flags. TMG in the U.S. also files Suspicious Activity Reports (“SARs”) with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (“FinCEN”) when necessary, and is responsible for complying with Section 314 of the USA PATRIOT Act.
The candidate will be responsible for reviewing alerts of potentially suspicious activity generated via the Bank’s automated transaction monitoring system; closes or escalates them to a case; and investigates cases to determine whether further escalation is warranted. Responsibilities will include:
- Act as the first level reviewer in making initial alert decisions as well as determining the specific information needed to manage the investigation.
- Manage a queue of alerts and cases ensuring timely follow up of requests and adherence to escalation procedures.
- Assist the TMG with analysis to optimize processes for improving monitoring.
- Assist other members of AML Compliance with ad hoc analysis and investigation requests.
- Conduct targeted account reviews on high risk correspondent banking clients and analyze from a holistic view of customers in terms of products, services, and underlying transactions as well as escalate potential issues.
- Prepare case summary narratives prior to escalating to the US TMG team.
- Review and analyze AML current trends and news in order to identify high risk areas, counterparties or keywords to incorporate into monitoring filters, rules, or profiles.