Description of the Business Line or Department
Structured Solutions & Mobility Finance (“SSM”) develops, originates and executes (alone or together with other business lines) structured banking products for clients or for SG itself. SSM seeks to use financial innovation as a tool to facilitate positive transformations and accompany its clients on their journey towards a fairer, responsible and sustainable future.
The nature of the transactions executed by SSM are varied but typically address a specific requirement of the client or SG (being fiscal, regulatory or accounting requirement) as follows:
- Asset backed financing including the following
- tax-based leasing
- non-tax based leasing
- asset-based financing
- acquisition of leasing companies and leasing assets
- Financing or hedging transactions that provide an attractive financing cost and/or regulatory/capital efficiency
- Balance sheet friendly financing solutions (eg: hybrid capital funding or service contract financing)
- Structuring M&A to increase efficiency on pre or post tax basis as appropriate
- Optimising return on investments or risk profile
- Implementing efficient tools to manage cash positions including in emerging markets
- Transactions to enhance regulatory efficiency (eg: from Deferred Tax Assets)
In addition to its transversal role as a financial engineering force across asset classes, SSM has the sectorial responsibility to provide clients with financial advisory & financing solutions in relation to land transportation assets and mobility services worldwide.
SSM has a specific business model based on a « one team » approach for all products & jurisdictions. SSM operates under a detailed approval and monitoring process which reflects the structured nature of its activity and incorporates appropriate approval standards; eg: SG Tax Code of Conduct.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Contribute to sustaining and expanding the SSM franchise through the development and origination of transactions for clients and, where relevant, SG’s own position.
- Ensure compliance with the SSM governance process including in relation to transaction execution
- Represent SSM in internal dialogues to promote the SSM franchise
Summary of responsibilities
- To develop product solutions for clients and, where appropriate SG’s own position, consistent with the SSM perimeter.
- To originate transactions for the SSM perimeter in co-ordination with other SG business lines as appropriate
- To ensure execution of SSM transactions consistent with the SSM perimeter.
- To contribute, where appropriate, to the enhancement of the SSM franchise in line with GLBA’s and SG Group’s strategy and priorities
- To ensure transaction execution and related activities are undertaken in accordance with SSM governance and approval process
- To ensure all permanent supervision and related governance requirements are adhered to.