Join Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking (SG CIB) as an Analyst – Asset Backed Products in Sydney, Australia within our Global Banking & Advisory (GLBA) division. The Asset Backed Product (ABP) division is the centre of expertise and single entry point for structuring, financing, distribution and trading for securitised products (ABS and RMBS), trade receivables and structured loans as well as funds financing. ABP's activity is exclusively focused on clients (corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies and investors in a wide sense, such as private equity, fund managers, specialised funds, hedge funds). The Bank has ambitious growth objectives over the next 2 – 5 years in Asia Pacific, especially in Australia and New Zealand, with Asset Backed Products considered as strategic to this growth.
This is an Analyst opportunity for a passionate professional to join Societe Generale on a full-time, permanent basis. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from a team of experienced practitioners to further develop skills for client marketing and pitching, transaction structuring, credit and cashflow modelling, risk analysis, ongoing portfolio and transaction management and reporting – all core aspects of the ABP business - through ad hoc training and on-the-job experience. You will be involved in all stages of the deal life cycle from market research and preparation of initial client proposals through to credit analysis and preparation of submission for internal approvals and deal execution in both private format and public securitisation markets. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, growing team and get hands-on experience within a fast-paced, results focused, global organization. As part of your role within ABP, you will interact with other SG teams such as Risk, Legal, Compliance, Client Coverage, Syndicate and Sales, on and offshore, to name a few. You will also work alongside local client facing teams including Infrastructure, Energy, Metals and Mining, Financial Institutions and Corporate Coverage, Debt Capital Markets and Real Estate.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Credit and cash flow modelling;
- Deal execution both internally and externally in the context of public securitisation transactions;
- Preparation of client pitches and other marketing materials;
- Participating in various aspects of client due diligence;
- Actively contributing to the preparation of credit applications and other internal approval requests;
- Client onboarding;
- Market research;
- Portfolio and business performance reporting; and
- Other ad hoc business and transaction specific requirements.
The role is an excellent opportunity to continue to build your experience in all aspects of the asset backed products business at one of Europe’s leading structured credit banks. You will benefit from working in a fast-paced industry with clients who are engaging in innovative transactions including sustainability-linked debt issuance. The scope of work will cover a wide range of aspects, from origination through to structuring, credit analysis, financial modelling and deal execution.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Tertiary qualification in Finance, Commerce, Economics, Law, Accounting, Science or Engineering. Other qualifications may be considered subject to demonstrating a genuine interest in Finance
- Asset backed products related experience would be an advantage (2 years’ experience maximum), in particular, experience in frequent public securitisation transaction execution
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience in efficiently managing multiple tasks and working in a collaborative team environment.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Analytical mindset with an appetite to learn and an ability to learn fast
- Team player, with the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of individuals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
- A capacity to manage multiple tasks and the ability to prioritise tasks as relevant
- INTERNAL: staff from business divisions and support functions locally, regionally and globally
- EXTERNAL: clients and external advisors (e.g. lenders, legal counsel, technical consultants)
Societe Generale, one of Europe's leading financial services groups and a major player in the economy for over 150 years, supports 30 million clients every day with 133,000 staff in 61 countries. Our Group draws on our European roots to develop our activities internationally. Our unique geographic positioning enables us to connect Europe and Africa with major global financial centres in Asia and the Americas. The Group combines financial strength, proven expertise in innovation and a sustainable growth strategy with the objective of creating value for all our stakeholders. We seek to be a trusted partner in the projects of those building tomorrow's world today.
Societe Generale has been present in Australia since 1981. Located in Sydney, we currently provide financing and advisory, as well as global markets solutions. Leveraging the strength of our client coverage and leadership in structured finance including energy, metals & mining, infrastructure finance, together with product and service offerings such as debt capital markets, asset-backed products and commercial real estate finance, Societe Generale supports our Australian wholesale clients in their financing and advisory needs and our global clients who wish to access the Australian market with global banking services. Societe Generale also provides global markets solutions by offering futures execution and clearing, equity derivatives sales and structured product distribution.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 2300050M
- Entity: Societe Generale Australia Limited
- Starting date: immediate
- Publication date: 2023/02/21