The GSC Listed Middle office client facing team handles the middle and back office functions for the (PSC) business lines, which includes Prime services and commodities. Clearing activities.
The Middle Office team implements all necessary means to ensure the operational, administrative, financial market processing, and clearing (of over 80 exchanges) are met to the highest standards, ensuring the client is always at the forefront of any query and risk is managed as an equal priority.
In addition, the middle office team ensures the control and security of transaction processing in accordance with current financial legislations.
- The execution and clearing control of all operations performed by FO
- The first level of control on operations and "quality" certification
- Customer Relationship Management on Post Trade: Relationship with customers, KYC, any support during the life of the transactions
Middle Office Main Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Point of entry for client on all operations topics (exception of margin)
- Monitors and communicates to clients in relation to all trade life cycle events, e.g. allocations, breaks, transfers, expiry/market intentions until resolution.
- Controls client booking in relevant product database versus available external reference sources
- Fully understands booking rules and their impacts/ risks to firm on the complete trade lifecycle
- Post-execution allocation of all listed derivative transactions (electronic as well as floor executed) for Globally Markets
- Monitor & accept give-in trades from other firms for X cleared accounts
- Ensures end-of-day accuracy and consistency of position and valuations across all listed markets and client check out, reducing any T+1 impact by following up with internal as well as external counterparties
- Systematically raises alerts and finds resolution in case of abnormal events; abnormal variations, trades, behaviours.
- If given FO or client delegation, books deals in relevant internal systems on the basis of written booking instructions
- Proactively keep track of physical delivery products at expiration; liaise with Deliveries teams to ensure positions are closed at the exchange level
- Maintain accurate static data between clearing systems to allow for straight-through-processing
- Develop action plans for recurring incidents, prepare post-mortems on allocation issues
- Identifies / analyses / rectifies any issues related to the flow of information and data into the relevant systems.
- Alerts Market specialists of reoccurring allocation / booking issues which may be from mapping or Clearing system set-ups.
- Interaction and support to front office through participation front to back forums such as business committees, client onboarding discussions and ongoing client profitability analysis
- Performs internal controls (permanent supervision validation, etc...)
- Monitors key indicators across all operational platforms.
- Monitors operational risks (e.g. exceptions follow-up, pending trades, topday/historical). Ensures that key risk items have been tracked, monitored and resolved on a daily basis.
- Participates in projects to support the business line and GBSU management.
- Participates in Global and Regional communities to share best practices
- Collaborates with colleagues to find common solutions designed to ensure the best level of client service and adhering to SG policies and procedures.
- Holds regular Operational Service Level Reviews with client base to gather feedback on the service provided by SG
- Provides support to the business in line with the specific job details and objectives contained in the Evaluation system.
- Proactively mitigates potential risks, ensuring that they act within the best interest of the Company and its clients escalating where appropriate.
- Recognises established policies and proposes solutions to adapt situations or ideas for improvement.
- Provides constructive feedback when suggesting new ideas, promoting simplicity and innovations in a professional manner, actively contribute and embrace change implementation.
- Demonstrates accountability, ownership to evaluate and improve own performance, actively seeking feedback where applicable.
- Show pro-activity in the development of professional competences, deliverables and contributions to compliment needs and goals of the Company
- Assist with any audit / compliance
- Assist with documentation of procedures and workflows
- Cross-trains new employees on various tasks
- Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the SG policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with a heavy emphasis on Excel (pivot tables, functions, etc…)
- Expertise of listed derivatives clearing work-flow from trade execution to settlement
- Sungard GMI
- Sungard ClearVision
Basic about Listed Derivative products
Why join us
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow
will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a
positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily
basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their
working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration,
participating in the financial
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230002HY
- Entity: SG Global Solution Centre
- Starting date: 2023/04/10
- Publication date: 2023/03/28