Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge Required:
- Tertiary qualification in Finance, Commerce, Economics or related discipline
- Post graduate qualifications considered favourably
- One to two years’ experience in a similar or related role
- Experience in a financial institution desirable
- Strong numerical skills with a solid understanding of accounting concepts, financial statements and cashflows
- Existing financial modelling skills will be considered favourably however support will be provided to the successful candidate
- Strong ability in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office generally
Behavioural Competency required:
- Proven analytical skills as well as exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly explain complex financial issues
- An ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- A capacity to manage multiple tasks and the ability to prioritise tasks as relevant
Serving 31 million customers in 66 countries, Societe Generale is one of Europe's largest financial services organisations. We employ 146,000 people in 67 countries worldwide. Based on a diversified universal banking model, Societe Generale combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth. Our objective: to be the leading relationship-focused bank, a reference in its markets, close to its clients and chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been present in Australia since 1981. Located in Sydney, it currently provides financing and advisory, as well as global markets solutions. Leveraging the strength of its client coverage and leadership in structured finance including energy, metals & mining, infrastructure finance, together with product and service offerings such as debt capital markets, asset-back products and commercial real estate finance, Societe Generale supports its Australian wholesale clients in their financing and advisory needs, and to serve its global clients who wish to access the Australian market with global banking services. Societe Generale also provides its global markets solutions by offering futures execution and clearing, equity derivatives sales and structured product distribution.
We are currently recruiting an Analyst to join our expanding Infrastructure team. This is an exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience within a fast-paced, results focused, global organisation that values diversity. The successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of transactions and will build close relationships with local teams and within the organisation more broadly on a regional and global basis.