Description of the Business Line or Department
GLBA/AFI/MER London originates senior secured lending opportunities on new or modern vessels for new and existing clients in accordance with the approved guidelines (regarding client quality, transaction structure, loan maturity etc), and provides financial advisory and debt arranging services to key clients in relation to the debt financing of liquefied natural gas vessels (LNG), floating production storage and off-loading vessels (FPSO) on a project specific basis.
The team works on financing solutions including term loans, project bonds, interest rate derivatives and export credit agency backed financings on a recourse and non-recourse basis.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Support deal leaders and other team members on new transaction origination and assessment
- Assist in obtaining internal support and approvals for new deals
- Provide support during deal execution
- Help monitor existing transactions in our portfolio and address waivers and reviews
- Provision of team related information to business line management for reporting and monitoring purposes
Summary of responsibilities
- To effectively cover clients, usually (but not always) in a support capacity to a deal leader to address their borrowing needs in markets
- Originating, executing or advising on LNG shipping and offshore transactions.
- Client interaction, pitches and presentations
- Negotiating term sheets and loan documentation
- Liaising with banks and consultants/advisors
- To develop and maintain a track record of winning mandates in addressing clients’ borrowing needs
- Supporting a deal team leader to seek innovative proposals or structuring solutions to develop the team’s client offering.
- Providing support to more senior team members to liaise with and provide solutions to clients on specific projects; foreign travel required.
- Supporting a senior team member to develop opportunities for non-banking investors in debt and equity within our structured client solutions.
- To tame a lead role under supervision in the effective and responsible execution of mandates
- Dealing with internal stakeholders (legal, insurance, middle office, syndication, IFD, KYC etc)
- Monitoring performance of loan portfolio and addressing waivers, annual reviews etc
- Develop trainees/VIEs and other temporary team members in execution of transactions.
- When required, to promote the development of advisory and product offering in line with MER’s strategy and priorities
- Help analyse risk and risk mitigation and play an active part in the credit process on individual transactions.
- Ongoing cooperation with other GLBA business lines including Export Finance, Structured Solutions & Leasing, Natural Resources, Interest Rate Derivatives etc re cross-selling opportunities involving vessel financing.
- Ongoing cooperation and interaction with Syndication divisions (SYN and ABP) re banking and institutional investor markets on general basis and in relation to specific transactions.
- Support more senior team members in representing the business line internally and the bank externally amongst clients, other financial institutions, the legal profession and other market counterparties to promote the shipping and offshore business of the bank.
- Ongoing discussion with CORI officers re new and existing transactions for clients of the bank.
- To develop the MER client base in line with GLBA’s and SG Group’s strategy and priorities
- Working with more senior team members to actively target business in accordance with CORISQ Guidelines and the set strategy – raising the team’s profile with clients, prospects, banks and market counterparties.
- Supporting more senior team members to develop sustainable revenue growth and client base on global basis in line with CORISQ guidelines relating to counterparty risk, transaction structure, loan maturity etc.
- To represent MER in internal dialogues with colleagues
- Supporting more senior team members to proactively generate cross sell with other business lines within GLBA and MARK.
- Liaise with internal teams to optimize process and cooperation - Compliance / Legal / OPER, RISQ, etc.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
This will be decided upon during the course of the contract. Initially all work will require review.