Analyst or Associate – Infrastructure
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Infrastructure group in Asia Pacific is responsible for providing financial advisory services and debt financing in relation to infrastructure assets including regulated, transportation, social, digital and other infrastructure. Globally, Infrastructure has teams based in Paris, London, Madrid, Milan, Sydney and New York. Our key clients include local, regional, and global strategic institutions and financial sponsors to the infrastructure sector. The successful candidate will need a strong interest in the infrastructure industry and financial markets.
The successful candidate will be involved in financing and advisory mandates with the following key responsibilities:
- For advisory mandates, responsibility for financial modelling, including preparation of financial scenarios and sensitivity analysis
- For lending mandates, review and analysis of the financial model to support the preparation of financial analysis, credit applications and due diligence review
- Provide day-to-day transaction support and managing internal processes relating to our business
- Provide assistance with ongoing portfolio management, risk analysis and internal stakeholder communications
- Identify potential external marketing opportunities and preparing pitch and presentation materials
- Start to establish a network of contacts at key clients and prospective clients
- Stay abreast of developments in the sector as well as current transactions and opportunities in the market
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong commitment to the core values of Societe Generale
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Tertiary qualification in Finance, Commerce, Economics, Law or related discipline
- Post graduate qualifications considered favorably
- At least two years experience in a similar or related role
- Experience within a similar financial institution is highly desirable
- Understanding of the loan and bond markets and the related instruments, including credit and rates derivatives
- Strong numerical skills with a solid understanding of accounting concepts, financial statements and cashflows
- Financial modelling skills are a requirement
- Strong ability in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office generally
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Proven analytical skills as well as exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly explain complex financial issues
- An ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- A capacity to manage multiple tasks and the ability to priorities tasks as relevant
- Ability to contribute to the team’s efforts to build and maintain trusted client relationships both internal (various support functions and middle/back office teams) and external (clients, industry bodies, government agencies)
- Ability to work with people with diverse, international backgrounds, and act upon team’s priorities
Societe Generale, one of Europe's leading financial services groups and a major player in the economy for over 150 years, supports 30 million clients every day with 133,000 staff in 61 countries. Our Group draws on our European roots to develop our activities internationally. Our unique geographic positioning enables us to connect Europe and Africa with major global financial centers in Asia and the Americas. The Group combines financial strength, proven expertise in innovation and a sustainable growth strategy with the objective of creating value for all our stakeholders. We seek to be a trusted partner in the projects of those building tomorrow's world today.
Societe Generale has been present in Australia since 1981. Located in Sydney, it currently provides financing and advisory, as well as global markets solutions. Leveraging the strength of its client coverage and leadership in structured finance including energy, metals & mining, infrastructure finance, together with product and service offerings such as debt capital markets, asset-backed products and commercial real estate finance, Societe Generale supports its Australian wholesale clients in their financing and advisory needs, and to serve its global clients who wish to access the Australian market with global banking services. Societe Generale also provides its global markets solutions by offering futures execution and clearing, equity derivatives sales and structured product distribution.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Analyst or Associate to join our Infrastructure team. This is an exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience within a fast-paced, results focused, global organisation that values diversity and offers staff flexibility via SG’s work from home policy. The successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of transactions and will build close relationships with key clients, local teams and within the organisation more broadly on a regional and global basis.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.