Purpose of the Role
The role incumbent Senior Analyst/Ops Lead working in the Equity settlement area, with the focus being error free processing of settlements - Working in a client centric environment, the emphasis is on total quality end to end processing.
Responsibilities in the Role
BAU production for the processes in scope.
- To ensure all transactions are processed including manual settlement and confirmations as per the currency cutoffs and client requirements
- Working closely with the team in shift, providing support to the team members, be first point of contact for expert advice, continuously providing solid understanding of procedures, processes and guidelines/norms
- Team Spirit: Should be able to work closely with people without any Behaviour, attitude problems
- Training: Provide guidance and training on use of various applications, procedures and internal controls,
- Reporting: ensure the reporting with all metrics & analytics on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Communication: liaison with the clients, CRMs, agent and other BOs and with internal department, and regulation & compliance authorities.
- Issue management: Daily supervision from a settlement and confirmation perspective of any issues, technical or operational, which may have a negative impact on the successful execution, or which increase the associated risks. Ensure that incident and issues are escalated according to strict guidelines and track in the appropriate tools. Understanding of impact on clients and downstream departments, minimizing impact.
- Problem solving: Assist team with quick solutions to the daily processing issues/problems and look for long term and permanent fixes to reduce manual work and improve STP.
- Controls: Define and ensure full control on operations along the day, control checklists is completed by each team member in a timely manner and that the Permanent Supervision is truly performed and justified.
- Continuous Improvement Practices: Identify gaps, fix root causes, work with managers/expert to drive best practices to gain efficiencies
- Knowledge Management: Be up to date on all the market, currency, payment standards and regulatory updates
OPERATIONAL RISK & REGULATORY RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsibility of ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements)
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
- Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the company’s conduct, standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements / intranet updates.
- Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your action should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and fully comply with all regulatory requirements and from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
KEY SKILL AREAS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of processor/senior processor experience in a high volume, exceptions/manual and time bounded processing.
- A sound knowledge of Equity derivative products like Options, EQ Swaps, Variance, Dividend etc.
- Sound knowledge on payment processes and currency/country specificities
- Competency in using the various applications in end to end processing of settlements.
- Strong understanding of the trade lifecycle and various stakeholders & cross impact at each stage.
- Familiar with a variety of common desktop applications such as: Microsoft Excel, Word, outlook and Internet browsers.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Keen and quick to learn, inquisitive nature, meticulous, motivated individual
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCY REQUIRED:
- Detailed thinker
- Team communicator
- Team spirit
- Decision making
- Service oriented
Why join us
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 230005V8
- Entity: SG Global Solution Centre
- Starting date: 2023/04/30
- Publication date: 2023/03/15