Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Société Générale operates in Italy through different companies belonging to its three main core businesses: Retail Banking in France, International retail banking, financial services and insurance and Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services. As a key pillar of the Société Générale Group’s universal banking model, SG CIB supports the economy by playing a key intermediary role, offering broad market access to issuers and smart investment solutions to investors. The service we bring to our corporate and financial institutions clients revolves around three main activities - investment banking, financing and markets - and our global franchises of equity derivatives and natural resources. For our clients we stand out because we are a trusted advisor with a worldwide leading engineering expertise and a quality product suite. In 1967 the Société Générale founded the first location in Milan.
Commercial Real Estate (REL) within Asset Finance Division (AFI) is a business line of Global Banking (GLBA). The team is responsible for:
- Providing financing solutions for professional investors investing in office, logistics, retail, hotel and other real estate (including multifamily, student accommodation and nursing homes).
- Within the real estate platform, the REL team from Milan originates, structures and executes financing transactions involving real estate located in the ITALY or with a strong ITALY angle (sometimes including non-ITALY assets within a predominantly ITALY portfolio). The team can also be involved on cross-border transactions in continental Europe in close collaboration with locally based teams primarily in case the sponsor is an ITALY based client.
The client base consists of:
- Local and international property investors (private equity companies, pension funds, property companies, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, corporate) who require debt financing collateralized by assets located in the ITALY, or
- ITALY based sponsors in the case of non-ITALY assets (in coordination with other European teams).
The financings are structured to allow for a distribution to professional bank and non-bank lenders.
Beyond its client basis, REL has extensive relationship with real estate brokers and appraisers, rating agencies, debt providers and investors, insurers and lawyers.
Contribution under the supervision of Senior Front Officers of team to:
- The underwriting and structuring of Commercial real estate structured finance transactions including leading the cashflow modelling
- Assist in the structuring and execution of real estate commercial mortgage loans with among others, participation to the redaction of written documents including marketing pitches, term sheets, credit applications and actively participate to any marketing effort
- In close collaboration with appropriate bank distribution forces, participate to the distribution of commercial mortgage loans through the syndication market or alternative routes using debt capital market techniques or ad-hoc structures based on debt investors’ specific requirements
- Monitoring of deals in the book
- Maintaining close contact with the CRE market and developing a clear understanding of real estate asset management strategies
- Interact with clients under the supervision of Senior Front Officers during the execution phase of transactions
- Ensure full compliance with internal guidelines, and regulation obligations
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Risk analysis and understanding of all issues relevant for each transaction (context, aim, constraints related to the assets and/or the legal and tax environment);
- Financial analysis and modelling of the considered projects;
- Structuring of complex financings;
- Drafting of term sheets;
- Drafting and presentation of credit requests;
- Review of legal documents;
- Risk-monitoring of existing loans;
- Data search and market intelligence.