Description of the Business Line or Department
The aim of the Information Technology department (GBSU) of Global Banking & Investor Solutions (GBIS) is to translate ideas into action by combining the strength of expertise in IT with a deep understanding of investment banking.
GBSU works to ensure that it delivers the services the businesses need to compete and serve Société Générale's clients. The objective is to deliver production services in a well-controlled and cost-effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise.
The IT division of GBSU consists of:
- Delivering IT services and solutions that enable GBIS to deliver its business objectives.
- Ensuring a cost effective, high quality, flexible and well controlled production service for business applications systems and IT infrastructure (service delivered by RESG/GTS).
- Facilitating entry to new markets, compliance with regulatory needs, growth in business volumes, and operational efficiency improvements in our overall front to back processing environment.
Based in London, you will join the GBSU/EQD/AFC team which provides IT support functions for the European, AMER and APAC Prime Services & Clearing branches of the organisation, specifically on the Cleared OTC and FX Prime Brokerage Business Chains.
As a permanent member of staff, you will support the users of the Investment Banking Division providing support for Agency applications for Prime Brokerage clearing activities. Your user base mostly consists of Back and Front-office agents dealing in agency capacity. You will be responsible for the management of the production platform, monitoring the status of the platform, communicating during incidents and resolving or escalating them.
Summary of the department
GBSU/EQD/AFC provides application production services to all GBIS users worldwide while ensuring a consistent and acceptable quality and level of service at an adequate cost. This mission includes:
- Application Support to ensure that all GBIS businesses and functions operating in all locations are properly supported following global GBSU standards and processes.
- Quality Assurance to ensure production quality by extending the testing and quality perimeter and capitalising on its best practices.
- Technical Services Management to provide worldwide application technical services on Production and Pre-Production environments to Support, Development and Quality teams.
- Infrastructure Services Management to ensure that the Group Infrastructure Department (RESG/GTS) provides GBSU with the appropriate level of support in line with business needs and costs
- The Business chain and main applications under GBSU/EQD/AFC Tribe are Cleared OTC (Murex) & FX OTC PB (X-ONE)
You will be joining an existing team working on different applications in a Feature team model in a fast paced, high pressure environment, requiring both individual and collaborative working with other IT and business teams.
Your role requires to take full ownership of the platform (changes & releases, requests & studies, incidents & post actions), to ensure issues are resolved from start to finish with relevant remediation actions, and also to follow-up requests and demands from the Front& Middle Office.
Summary of responsibilities
Working in an Agile environment the candidate will perform the following responsibilities:
- Drive the Business relationship around the Production in synch with the Production Chapter Lead and Tribe Manager.
- Manage Production, incidents, problems, changes (IPCM) and major events impacting the tribe.
- Regularly inform his/her management (both hierarchical & functional) about the production status and escalate when major issue.
- Building expertise, both technical and functional, within the scope of your position
- Working within defined procedures build and implement automated scripts/tools to reduce repetitive actions
- Implement & enhance application monitoring across the applications/chain
- Identify weakness in the application or procedures and either resolve directly or raise to be resolved
- Work closely with Feature Teams, Product owners, agile coaches and stakeholders to deliver solutions in line with Business needs.
- Animate sharing experience session and problem session with chapter members to develop tools and create documentations.
- Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
Working under the supervision of reporting manager, autonomy to be defined and refined under that supervision.