Day to Day Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Build knowledge and expertise on equity markets and regulatory knowledge around financial industry.
• Respond to end users (traders, back/middle office, Regulators, Compliance…etc) within timeframe dictated by the severity of the problem, document and track (case histories, issues, and action steps)
• Liaise with development teams in Bangalore, New York, and Paris regarding any application bugs or improvement on business processes.
• Provide functional and technical expertise to produce and promote maintainable and quality solutions. Includes documenting system requirements and documentation of support run book
• Communicate with users regarding application outages and upcoming events like release, projects etc.
• Respect internal IT norms, standards and processes
• Timely reporting of production and project status to client and IT management
• Effective and efficient oral and written communication with various audience at appropriate levels
• Partner with the Global support teams (Paris/Asia) to ensure quality support to our end users
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Competencies and Experience Technical Skills:
• Competency in SQL, Python is a plus
• Knowledge on Client/Server application
• Comfortable working on Unix Solaris, Linux and Windows environments
• Experience working with relational databases
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel)
• Programming skills/experience in Python and/or Autosys a plus
• Possess a good balance of technical expertise, business knowledge and soft skills.
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Strong analytical skills, follow-up capability and problem solving ability.
• Can communicate clearly with a wide variety of people/functions (verbal/written)
• Flexible and adaptable to new environments. Quickly learn new systems/products.
• Proactive and results-oriented: sets goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources to deliver optimal results.
• Team-oriented, client-focused and open to different ideas/viewpoints.
• Capable of prioritizing tasks and multi tasking projects
• Thrive in a high-pressure and time-sensitive environment.
• Two plus years of experience in a technology environment;
• Experience in a support role in the financial service industry is preferable
• Experience working in a global/international financial IT environment is preferable
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
• English (French is a plus)
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy.
Active in the real economy for over 150 years, with a solid position in Europe and connected to the rest of the world, Societe Generale has over 147,000 members of staff in 67 countries and supports on a daily basis 32 million individual clients, businesses and institutional investors around the world by offering a wide range of advisory services and tailored financial solutions
Societe Generale opened its Canadian headquarters in Montreal in 1974 to offer its financial services to corporations, financial institutions and governments. The Toronto and Calgary offices were opened in 1978 and 2006 respectively.
We now employ over five hundred people, both in the traditional banking sector (investment banking, funds and trading activities) and in the field of information technology, with the opening of our SG Montreal Solutions Center subsidiary which, thanks to its geographical location and its cultural diversity, provides computer support and development for the New York and Paris teams.