The Equities and Equity Derivatives / Volatility Montreal support team is composed by ten people with the responsibility of supporting and maintening Front-to-Back office applications (70%) and providing solutions to our internal clients (30%) including application development and automation tool or bug fixing in many langague JAVA, SQL, Scripting, C# or Python. The team is evolving into an Agile@Scale and DEVOPS culture with more and more ownership of the features that support our AMER business.
Our motto is simple: No Limitations if There is Value.
The applications and IT systems under our responsibility are located at the core of the equities and equity derivatives information system of Société Générale. They are used during all steps of the deal lifecyle (from the booking to the maturity with all events from the market or update required by client). In regards of their usage, these applications and systems are critical and require a proper and specific support and a continuous enhancement.
Most of our internal clients (Traders, Sales, Middle and Back Office) are working into the equities and equity derivatives world. The team is frequently working with transversal department (RISQ, COMPLIANCE, ...) and with many other IT teams located all around the world (AMER, ASIA and EUROPE).
As example, our applications and systems are used for:
- Electronic execution and OTC (Macro, API) trade capture
- Central equities and equity derivatives trades repositories
- PnL risk and Value at risk (reference team)
- Portfolio position (transversal trading desk)
- Back Office feeding
- Audit, Compliance and Regulatory request (FED request, Internal/External audit…etc)
Primary tasks related to Application Support Analyst role include but are not limited to:
- Build knowledge and expertise on equities and equity derivatives SocGen system
- Respond to users (traders, back/middle office, Regulators, Compliance… etc) in respect of SLAs
- Ensure that all incidents are documented and tracked (case histories, issues, and action steps)
- Maintain our production backlog tickets up to date
- Communicate with users regarding outages and upcoming events (release, projects etc).
- Partner with the Global support teams (Paris/ Bucharest/Bangalore) to ensure a correct follow-up and active support for our users
- Build tools to monitor production activities (Python, ElasticSearch , Kibana…etc).
- Build and participate in automation tools initiative
- Understand trading environment and regulatory constraints.
- Assist in development and maintenance of AMER oriented feature
- Liaise with development teams located in Bangalore, Bucharest, New York, Hong Kong and Paris
- Provide functional and technical expertise to produce and promote maintainable and quality solutions. Includes documenting system requirements and documentation of support run book
- Perform QA Testing with different IT teams using our system
- Respect internal IT norms, standards, and processes.
- Effective and efficient oral and written communication with various audience at appropriate levels