Your role will include but is not limited to:
- Build knowledge and expertise on equities and equity derivatives SocGen risk system
- Provide rapid resolution to functional and technical issues and report incidents to the appropriate chain of command. Primary end users will be Traders though the system is widely used by Operations as well
- Solve functional and technical problems within the risk system and work with teams responsible for applications that feed data into the risk system
- Provide functional and technical expertise (log analysis) to produce and promote quality and sustainable solutions.
- Define and maintain the application support guide and other support oriented documentation.
- Work with Senior BA and developers to gather business requirements, to design new features and to document system requirements user guides/demos and support the run book
- Participate in testing automation with proposing new automation ideas helping across any testing phase (UATs, non-regression,) to secure production releases and to produce/promote maintainable and quality solutions
- Communicate with users regarding upcoming events (release, projects, etc.).
- Interact and Respond to users (traders, back/middle office, Regulators, Compliance… etc) to explain and certify new features and enhancements to be delivered.
- Effective and efficient oral and written communication with various audience at appropriate levels
- Ensure that user demos, UATs and chain testing results, users’ certifications are documented and tracked. Ensure that any incident is raised on time to the team members communicated to the impacted users, documented and tracked.
- Maintain our backlog tickets, assigned to you, up to date
- Partner with the Global development teams (Paris/ Montreal) to ensure a correct follow-up and active support for our users
- Respect internal IT norms, standards, and processes.
Agile, business-facing developers performing Continuous Delivery
The team is composed of support analysts, business analysts and developers. Every member of the team including developers are encouraged to engage with the traders, to gather their requirements and build appropriate solutions, having acquired a sufficient understanding of the business.
The team works in an agile mode with Product Owners participating in sprint planning, demos and backlog refinements.
The “Continuous Delivery” initiative is strongly pushed, making use of relevant tools such as Github, XL Deploy, and others, to put in place a reliable pipeline of integration, with automated tests, automated deployments and tests, and automated production releases, to achieve a stable flow of continuously delivered features while preserving Production stability.
DevOps and Feature Team
The team is one of the early adopters of the “DevOps” practices, operating as a “Feature Team” to support the trading systems used by the Equity Investment business. It therefore contains both developers and production-support analysts, working together as one, to ensure self-sufficiency, and produce synergies in incident resolution, as well as Production-awareness at all stages of the software development process.