1.To arrange Japanese Operating Lease transactions including JOLCO (“JOL”)
- Primarily for aviation but also for other underlying assets (incl. ships and shipping containers)
- Originating, executing and arranging or advising on transactions
- Client interaction, pitches and presentations
- Negotiating term sheets and documentation
- Leasing with banks and external lawyers/advisors
2.To develop junior members of the team to be autonomous in execution
3.To develop and maintain a track record of winning mandates in addressing clients’ needs
- Develop innovative proposals or structuring solutions to develop the team’s client offering
- Lead discussions with clients on specific projects/mandates; frequent busines trips as well as lunch & dinner with clients required
- Procuring equity underwriters or equity investors for JOL transactions
4.To contribute to the effective and responsible execution of mandates
- Dealing with internal stakeholders (credit department, legal, compliance, tax, accounting, middle office, KYC etc).
5.To contribute to the development of the Aviation Finance client base in line with Global Baking and Advisory Team’s and SG Group’s strategy and priorities
- Actively target business in accordance with the Bank’s risk appetite and the set strategy – raising the team’s profile with clients, prospects, other banks and market counterparties.
- Develop sustainable revenue growth and client base on global basis in line with risk appetite guidelines relating to counterparty risk, transaction structure, loan maturity etc.
6.To represent AER in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide best-in-class transaction arrangement or advisory to the client base
- Liaise with internal teams to optimize process and cooperation - compliance / legal / operations, risk, etc