Description of the Business Line or Department
The position offered is to work with the Global Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the new SG Capital Market Business within XSF (Cross-Asset Secured Financing perimeter)
Cross Asset Secured financing is a global team within Capital markets that provides financing, collateral management and securities lending across all asset classes within MARK. It is composed of:
• Securities Financing Services (SFS)
• Clearing Collateral Management (CCM)
• Agency Lending (LMA)
Overall, XSF COOs covers 100 Traders & Sales with a worldwide coverage
This VIE position is based in London inside the Trading Floor and with the Global COO of XSF.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Objectives and goals:
• Assist the global COO of XSF
• Assist the global head of XSF
• Be innovative and contribute to the development of the XSF business
Summary of responsibilities
For the COO team (attached to the Front-Office), and for this VIE position, the main responsibilities will be to:
• Develop new Monitoring Tools to help Management to his strategic decision (Clients Evlution, Trading Pnl, Costs, Scarce Ressources,..)
• Assist in drafting senior management presentations and reports
• Directly Take in charge some key projects for our business (either trading or sales oriented).
• Ensure the Control framework is settled with regards to SG best practices
• Fulfill regulators requirements (local and international regulators)
• Assist in coordinating the business line’s engagement with external requests (e.g regulatory visits, Board requests, …) & internal requests as Compliance, Inspection,…
• Be a real partner of the support functions (OPER, Compliance, DFIN, ITEC, Legal….) in helping us to develop our franchise
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in Finance
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English and in French.
You are proficient in Office application
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Global Markets division (MARK) of SG Corporate and Investment Banking. MARK offers a cross-asset approach along all its offerings : Research, Investment & Risk Management Solutions, Execution and Prime Services to asset managers, pension funds, companies, private banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, family offices, sovereign funds and distributors worldwide.