- Analytical skills
- Strong risk culture and prudential regulation knowledge
- Result oriented and pragmatic minded person
- Adaptability and autonomy
- Attention to details
- Organization skills
- Strong verbal (knowing the audience) and written communication skills
- Aptitude to challenge and be creative
- Interpersonal skills to interact with other stakeholders in the model governance process
- Model experience across a wide range of model types
- Operational experience in model development or validation gained in banking environment.
- Good knowledge of regulatory framework.
- A practical background on model risk management, gained on the field in a financial institution.
Required: English (Strong written and verbal)
The SG Americas Model Risk Management (MRM) Unit is responsible for the Governance and Validation of the Models under the SG Americas Perimeter. Model Risk has become a fundamental piece in the Risk Management practice in the Industry since the issuance of the Federal Reserve Bank Guidelines for Model Risk Management, SR11-7. MRM is getting more and more visibility within the Bank as well, being considered a top priority in the Group and because the regulatory environment in the US is more stringent than in Europe, the function in Americas will be responsible to guide the rest of the Group in this endeavor.
This position is part of the Model Governance team responsible for:
- defining and maintaining the MRM framework in line the business needs, industry standards and regulatory expectations
- providing effective support to the Validation team
- providing a transversal view to our stakeholders on the effectiveness of the MRM framework and the Bank’s model risks