The Societe Generale Program Management Office of the AMERICAS Region is seeking to add a Portfolio Manager to the team. Main responsibilities will be to provide central management oversight to a diverse set of strategic programs and projects aligned with the capital markets, corporate lending, regulatory compliance and risk areas of the region.
This role will be part of a small team that works as an active partner to the program teams and is responsible for essential functions and process. It will require leadership and negotiation skills and the ability to perform across a wide variety of content. The focus is on risk management, transparency, project controls, program methodology and planning.
The role provides a transversal view of all the Businesses and Support departments across the region and and is an excellent way to build a cross-functional network. The role easily progresses to project and program management or senior portfolio management roles.
The Portfolio Manager will be aligned to a portfolio of programs and sponsors to successfully deliver on key initiatives. Portfolio Managers work on behalf of the senior executive project management oversight committee and a ~$30M program portfolio. A Portfolio Manager must work collaboratively with senior sponsors, stakeholders and PMs locally and globally to:
- Provide integrated view of progress and risk both in AMER and at Global level. Facilitate the design and implementation of program governance.
- Embed key priorities into programs as articulated by senior executive project oversight committees.
- Identify, collaboratively create mitigation plans and escalate program risk in a timely manner.
- Drive the annual budget and planning process from inception, through justification into prioritization and program funding.
- Drive dependency identification and management across the portfolio.
- Design and execute project methodology controls to improve success rates and risk management process.
- Share and challenge project’s portfolio management to ensure portfolio’s investment optimization and decide on action plan(plans, risk and change).
- Be the primary interface with global teams on behalf of the Americas Region assue proper and timely deliverables aligned to regional strategies.
- Drive benefit and value identification using financial and non-finacial KPI and KRIs.
- Benefit realization tracking through program closure.
- Drive the annual planning process from inception, through justification into prioritization and program funding.
- Liaise with GBSU Senior Management and report on the annual strategic objectives fullfillement (Objectives Key Results)
- Establish a productive and trust-worthy relation with the Single BU/SU Points of Contact within his/her portfolio scope
- Participate in the preparation for US and Global Executive Management Committees
- Participate in the revision and approval process of external costs
- Contribute to the program capitalization accounting process