Description of the Business Line or Department
Our commercial strategy focuses on Client Relationship Management in the following areas across the UK, Channel Islands and Gibraltar:
- Ensure growth through our key client segments: KCIS (Key Client International Segment), Core Domestic Private Banking, B2B (FIM/EAM)
- Drive global relationship management, notably by combining our indicators by entity and by private banker (AuM, NNMA, NBI, GOI);
- Anchor our risk culture, conduct, Customer Excellence and the Group values described in the Leadership Model in our sales force on a daily basis
For this role this will include Client/Asset gathering, maintenance of existing client book and actively assisting further expansion. Introduction of new client relationships to the Bank. Creation of new portfolio mandates with primary focus on DPM, Managed Advisory and Credit. This role does not permit an APB to provide advice or recommendations (including opinion or judgment) to clients, irrespective of whether a Certified Person is present, this responsibility sits with the Private Banker.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- The purpose of the Associate Private Banker role is to support Private Bankers in the maintenance and development of new and existing client relationships.
- Is responsible for providing support to one or more Private Banker(s) / Directors in developing, managing and retaining client relationships with high net worth individuals as a member of a team of private bankers who are focused on one or more target segments, ensuring on-going support to the Private Banking Assistants as required
- Actively assisting in developing client relationships to their full business potential
Summary of responsibilities
- Provide client relationship management support to Private Bankers, and enhance the reputation of the Bank for providing high quality relationship management.
- Proactively manage Bankers’ portfolios - support the Private Banker in revenue generation from existing and potential clients by identifying new opportunities, whilst at all times being mindful of, and adhering to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly. It is expected to fully understand the clients and their circumstances.
- Diarise and prepare for client meetings with Private Bankers – liaise with portfolio managers, wealth planners and the credit team prior to coordinate attendance, where appropriate. Review past meeting notes, identify areas to discuss and if any information is required from the clients to update our records.
- Attend meetings with Private Bankers and assist with the preparation of Investment Suitability Reviews and Credit proposals for banker sign off, documenting client circumstances appropriately, with the ability to identify high risk and vulnerable clients and support them to required standard.
- Complete required paperwork and record maintenance post client meetings.
- Develop a solid ongoing relationship with each client with whom they have regular contact and provide information that is accurate, clear, fair and not misleading, making sure we are satisfied that the client understands the information provided. In all dealings with clients, both pre-and post-sale, ensure compliance with the principles of Treating Customers Fairly which focus on good client outcomes
- Act as a point of contact for Private Bankers when they are away from the office or on annual leave.
- When appropriate, join Bankers when meeting introducers / intermediaries.
- Proactively seek out self-development opportunities internally by attending weekly investment meetings, Product and Services training and client events. Attain and maintain knowledge and competence in line with the firm’s standards, evidencing and documenting learning ensuring appropriate CPD is completed and logged as required.
- Maintain excellent professional standards through appropriate training and development and keep up to date with mandatory training and developments in the marketplace.
- Fully respect SG Policies and Procedures defined locally, at PRIV and at Group Level, in order to control operational risks.
- Builds relationships with clients and within and across teams to enable collaboration, and supports colleagues
- Ability to prepare credit renewals and suitability reviews for banker sign off, and provide client solutions but not formally give advice
- Strong business development aptitude with thew ability to spot opportunities for business growth through existing client circumstances
- Demonstrates motivation, a positive attitude, and a desire to broaden skillset
- Reliable, adaptable, and flexible with a strong work ethic
- Evidence of ability to prioritise workload to deliver results within deadlines
- Strong customer focus. Delivers exceptional client service - understands the client's needs and responds to client requests efficiently and accurately.
- Communicates clearly, accurately and succinctly and adjusts to audience needs, including managing conflict effectively
- Does their best to build trustworthy client relationships through responsiveness, politeness and efficiency and by listening to and understanding their requests and showing respect at all times.
- Professional and respectful
- Shows determination, effort and enthusiasm to deliver results and the ability to challenge and generate new ideas and manages pressured situations well
- Demonstrates understanding of risk the department encounters and takes actions to mitigate risk
- Proactive and diligent, and commits to decisions, following through on agreed decisions
- Evaluates and improves own performance, seeks feedback on own performance. Works at developing their own skills. Shows pro-activity in the development of their professional competence.
- Demonstrates commitment to the team, and high levels of motivation towards their tasks.
- Understanding of Treating Customers Fairly Principles and application
- Ability to understand client circumstances and identify high risk/vulnerable clients to assess suitability
- Knowledge of business processes, standards, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of regulations applying to the bank, its staff and our clients
- Knowledge of internal risk management, compliance, AML procedures and constant vigilance in respect of them
- Reliability and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Acquired the necessary knowledge, skills, expertise and behaviours to demonstrate they are trained and competent to provide information and relevant services to an appropriate standard, to clients.
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 2300063F
- Entity: Kleinwort Hambros
- Starting date: 2023/08/28
- Publication date: 2023/03/13