Associate (Senior Manager / AVP) – Compliance, SG Bank India (Mumbai)
Job Summary: -
• To support Head of Compliance, business lines and stakeholders in India in the management of compliance risks
• To handle all matters relating to General Compliance and primarily responsible for managing regulatory relationship & oversight
• To be a part of Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) Team for KYC, AML (anti money laundering) and Embargo Screenings
Main Responsibilities: -
• Keep abreast of any change and trends in the domestic banking laws & regulations and, other regulatory guidelines and communicating them to the required stakeholders, making changes in the internal policies as may be required.
• Co-ordinating with Reserve Bank of India for the Risk Based Supervision exercise and coordinating responses for any finding / queries thereto.
• Adopting and implementing the compliance policies and procedures stipulated by the Head Office and local regulatory authorities.
• To ensure that compliance deficiencies / customer complaints / regulatory enquiries are judiciously investigated, reviewed and rectified within prescribed time frames.
• To carry out periodic Compliance Risk Assessment(s) and prepare and conduct the annual Compliance Plan and Program
• To assist in due implementation of the program for Anti- Bribery & Corruption, Personal Account Dealing, Outside Business Interest, Gifts & Events which include monitoring, investigation and reporting.
• To undertake voice surveillance of dealing room which include monitoring, investigation and reporting.
• Conducting training and awareness workshops for staff on general compliance matters.
• Representing the department in organizational committees and deliberations.
• Assisting FCC for KYC, AML, Embargo Screenings and acting as back up for FCC.
• Managing/coordinating contentious issues and regulatory matters.
• Reporting and escalating matters as appropriate
• Contribute as an adviser for new products, projects and initiatives undertaken by the Bank in India
• Supporting Société Générale Securities India Limited on Group/Regional General Compliance topics within the mutualization framework
• Any other jobs assigned by the Management.
Academic Background (degree and major): - Graduate / Masters Degree in Commerce and Professional Qualifications viz. ACS or ACA or GARP or MBA
Relevant Working Experience in number of years: -
• 8 – 10 years relevant experience in an MNC Bank or Banking, Financial Services Industry.
• Experience in handling Regulatory and Corporate Affairs, preferably in an MNC environment.
Skills & Competencies required: -
• Excellent Communication and delivery skills;
• Independent and proactive;
• Strong Leadership traits;
• Responsibility - Having strong convictions and positive attitude
• Clients & Team Spirit - Ability to collaborate and foster relationships with internal or external stakeholders
• Team Spirit – Able to anticipate conflicts and strive to resolve them fairly and sustainably
• Innovation - Having a continuous improvement mindset for systems and processes
• Commitment – Listening and demonstrating emotional intelligence to engage others
Language Skills: - Good command of English is mandatory (written and spoken), Preferably knowing French, as well.
Computer Skill: -
• Basic Office Automation (MS Office) operating in Windows Working Environment.
• Adept user of web enabled databases and search engines
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ plans. With a solid position in Europe and a presence in countries with strong potential, the Group’s 145,700 employees in 66 countries support 31 million individual clients, large corporates and institutional investors worldwide by offering a wide range of advisory services and tailored financial solutions.
Societe Generale was established in India in the year 1978. In 1985, Societe Generale Bank commenced operations as a Scheduled Commercial Bank in Mumbai. Since then it has a proud legacy of servicing corporates and clients. New branches were added in Delhi (1993). Societe Generale not only offers an extensive product portfolio to different market segments, but customizes solutions in investment banking, global finance and global markets.
Societe Generale is an equal opportunities employer and believes that a diverse and inclusive workforce should be encouraged and recognized.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.