Major accountabilities/principal responsibilities:Product & Market Knowledge
: Develop strong knowledge of Cross-Asset Product & Solutions while working with Engineering and Structuring Team. Partake to training sessions, product presentations and visit hubs to exchange ideas on a regular basis.
Work closely and back-up other team members to ensure client business continuity, ensure effective team work within local but also global teams, as well as with other departments in the group.
Sales Talent & Efforts: Pitch SG capabilities especially GRS and Trading products, get new clients, identify their needs and trade with them, establish a durable and permanent relationship; not just concentrating on existing clients but also on new ones.
Market Intelligence: Knows the market, understand the needs of each client segment, keep an eye on what the competition does in terms of products and pass on this information to management, other sales teams, Engg. /Structuring and trading teams to improve capabilities of the platform.
Team Work & Cooperation:
Reporting and Transparency
- Work closely and back-up other team members to ensure client business continuity, ensure effective team work within local but also global teams, as well as with other departments in the group
- Arrange necessary meetings to introduce and leverage our Traders, Research and other product partners, strong Sales & Trading alignment, work with other sales in all centres regionally & globally to facilitate information sharing and to foster cross selling and client referrals
- Be a role model for junior staff (demonstrate drive and professionalism)
- Fit in well with rest of team and SG’s culture
: Arrange regular meetings with various parties involved in coverage as well as all necessary stakeholders, enter information on clients and meetings in the right tools, report sensitive incidents or transactions to the right people. Compliance
Dealing Procedures & Coordination:
- Refers to Sales Handbook and avoid entering into any discussion or transaction that could lead to a long-term liability for SG.
- Understand local rules and regulations of the market(s) and comply with all internal guidelines pre- and post-trade (notably but obviously not only such as KYC, credit pre-trade check in the right tools, suitability check and process, appropriate and validated marketing documents by relevant stakeholders including compliance department, appropriate legal documentation and regulatory requirements, SG internal execution and trading standards, margin policy, CVA and RAROC guideline, timely and appropriate booking of transactions, pre- and final confirmation etc...), but also all the other general business guidelines such as gift and entertainment policy, information security guidelines and restrictions versus external or internal communication (especially when dealing with any confidential or private information, Chinese walled transactions, GILT listed deals…) etc… , and always refers/escalate all potential issues/internal or external incidents to management, COO or Compliance.
- Cooperate with support functions
- Properly input deals in IT systems, in an exhaustive manner, pays particular attention to the correctness of term sheets and the correct processes, validate the final terms quickly as and when required.
- Daily & Monthly reporting in RTQS.
- Operate with a high degree or accuracy and attention to detail, avoid all types of operational risks and errors