Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge Required
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in and/or a professional financial qualification
- Post graduate qualifications considered favourably
- 5 to 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Understanding of the loan, export credit agency and bond markets, their dynamics and the related instruments, including credit and rates derivatives to propose relevant financing solutions
- Capacity to review and, where appropriate, supervise and manage financial modelling tasks undertaken by junior staff and if required assist in completion of more complex modelling tasks drawing on prior experience in financial modelling
- Capacity to generate pitch material that is clear, structured, compelling, and comprehensive in addressing clients’ needs
- Capacity to understand, analyse and where appropriate manage risks (credit, conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) for the business line and the organisation and act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
Behavioural Competency Required:
- Ability to contribute to the team’s efforts to build and maintain trusted client relationships
- Consistency and rigour in following up on clients’ needs and act upon team’s priorities
- Discipline and team collaboration to develop business adapted to clients’ and markets’ needs
- Commitment to contribute to the team’s efforts to the development of new client base, advisory, and lending and other products (including derivatives)
- Ability to work with people with diverse, international backgrounds, and act upon team’s priorities
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to manage competing deadlines, and to deliver on team’s priorities
- Communication skills – including language skills
Serving 31 million customers in 66 countries, Societe Generale is one of Europe's largest financial services organisations. We employ 146,000 people in 67 countries worldwide. Based on a diversified universal banking model, Societe Generale combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth. Our objective: to be the leading relationship-focused bank, a reference in its markets, close to its clients and chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been present in Australia since 1981. Located in Sydney, it currently provides financing and advisory, as well as global markets solutions. Leveraging the strength of its client coverage and leadership in structured finance including energy, metals & mining, infrastructure finance, together with product and service offerings such as debt capital markets, asset-backed products and commercial real estate finance, Societe Generale supports its Australian wholesale clients in their financing and advisory needs, and its global clients who wish to access the Australian market with global banking services. Societe Generale also provides its global markets solutions by offering futures execution and clearing, equity derivatives sales and structured product distribution.
We are currently looking for an experienced Associate or a Vice President to join our Energy Group. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team within a fast-paced, results focused, global organisation with strong growth ambitions for the Australian business. The successful candidate will be responsible for originating and executing structured finance transactions in the energy sector in the Australian market and will have the opportunity to build close relationships with the teams onshore and within the organisation more broadly on a regional and global basis.
Please note that due to the current strict border measures in place in Australia, only individuals in an exempt category (including Australian citizens and permanent residents) or who have been granted an exemption to the current travel restrictions can currently travel to Australia. Due to these restrictions, we are unfortunately currently unable to consider applications from candidates who are not in an exempt category or who do not already hold a travel exemption.