Description of the Activity
Market leading team that is financing and advising corporates, traders and financial sponsors that are investing in the mining and metallurgic sector, as well as in industrial projects contributing to the energy transition.
The team is working on bespoke financing solutions such as projects or acquisitions financing as well as responsible for the development of the wider business relationship with corporates in the EMEA region.
It covers a wide range of commodities and industries such as iron/steel, bauxite/aluminium, copper and other base metals, battery minerals and other critical industry minerals, EV active materials manufacturing and battery gigafactories, hydrogen in industrial process as well as industry decarbonisation investments.
The position is in London, but the job is performed in close collaboration with the other MMI teams in Paris, Toronto, New York, Hong Kong and Sidney.
MMI is part of the wider Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure division, itself part of the Global Finance and Advisory.
Origination, execution and client relationship management role
Part of the London team, that covers the EMEA region jointly with the Paris team
Reports to the Head of the London team
Key external contacts include companies active in the metals, mining and industries sector, law firms, consultant (technical, legal, financial, etc.), other banks and funds active in this space, equity investors
Expected to work autonomously and to manage their work load within the agreed deadlines
Delegation of execution tasks to more junior team members where appropriate
- Build financial models from first principals
- Review and work with models produced by third parties
- Be capable of determining sensitivities and running them in order to determine debt capacity and to support credit submissions
- Support the development of financing structures (term sheets, financing options papers, financial models etc.)
- Prepare credit analysis and credit submissions
- Master internal process
- Support the legal documentation execution process
- Take ownership of the credit process and ensure that work streams financing platform is managed, delegating to / and supervising juniors where appropriate
- Provide and deliver sector and market analysis to support the development of client relationships and risks assessment
- Follow the commodity, mining and relevant industries markets to support origination effort and risk management
- Take leadership role in sharing technical knowledge with the rest of the team and stay up to date with relevant industry developments
- Frequent portfolio review and close monitoring of risks and change in environment and clients situations
- Identification of new trends and generation of new business ideas
- Ability to work well with other members of the global MMI platform, provide support where it is needed to other teams and share information on deals and trends across the global franchise
- Work in joint Deal Teams with other regions
- Regular and constructive dialogue with middle office, KYC, risk assessment, E&S assessment, legal and compliance teams
- Proactive cooperation with other business lines
Operational and Conduct Risk & Regulatory Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures within the business line
- Take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to the business
- Embody Code of Conduct and behavioural competency
Individual Conduct Rules
All staff covered by Code of Conduct rules are reminded of their obligation to adhere fully to these codes of conduct and failure will be considered as an act of gross misconduct
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct