Base Salary Range: $83,000 - $150,000
Base salary range does not include overtime pay, bonus and/or other benefits, where applicable. Actual base salary offer will vary based on skills and experience.
The Inspection and Group Audit Division (IGAD) represents Societe Generale’s independent internal audit function, comprised of over 1200 professionals covering SG’s global businesses and services in over 80 countries. The SG Internal Audit Americas (SGIAA) Department within IGAD is a group of about 80 professionals, based in New York, New Jersey, San Paulo and Bangalore, who are responsible for assessing SG’s multiple businesses in the Americas region.
SGIAA Department is looking to complement the team with driven individuals, who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are innovative and prepared to generate new ideas and “go the extra-mile” in achieving a common goal. Joining SGIAA will give you a unique opportunity to not only work on audit missions, but also to participate in department-wide projects aimed at transforming the team to the best in class. For those who succeed, future opportunities include career growth within/outside department, including international mobility.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Auditor in the Market Related Activities (MARK) Team is expected to make key contributions to Audit’s regular assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of SG’s markets related activities.
The team audit coverage focus includes:
- Front to back coverage of Markets businesses and all associated first line of defense which report to the Head of Markets;
- Four risk management stripes on the second line of defense reporting to the CRO including Market Risk, Liquidity, Model and Counterparty;
- Compliance to selected rules and regulations related to Markets activities;
- Coverage for regional Finance function.
While the auditor could be engaged on these different areas, the individual will focus on front to back coverage of the Markets Business. The Auditor’s primary responsibility is to lead audit assignments. He/she is expected to have a high degree of technical proficiency, autonomy and the ability to oversee and monitor the work of their team. He/she should be able to run larger and complex audits with minimal supervision or oversight. Some responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Independently, participating various types of audit missions (including complex, global, multi-team/integrated, etc.,) overseeing all aspects of the audit process and having full ownership of the audits assigned
- Preparing high quality and impactful audit reports, especially executive summaries that effectively address the key issues to be raised to management’s attention
- Actively participating in department’s continuous monitoring programs - understands the ongoing changes in internal and external environment related to specific audited activities and evaluates the impact of changes on the business and company
- Participating in various stages of the annual risk assessment and providing professional conclusions on the risks' evaluation
- Participating in department wide transformation projects and actively contributing, communicating and implementing the changes, and supporting others through the process
- Understanding of markets businesses including Equities, Fixed Income, Prime Brokerage the way they are organized.
- Understanding of middle and back office processes
- Understanding of risk, finance and compliance processes designed to support markets businesses.
- Highly motivated and committed to lead and progress; shows initiative, integrity, and creativity
- Demonstrates curiosity, motivation, enthusiasm for learning and self-development with high level of independence and autonomy
- Demonstrates strong organizational/project management skills, able to establish goals, priorities, and realistic plans that maximize use of available resources; able to meet all deadlines; able effectively delegate, make decisions, solve difficulties and timely escalate issues
- Demonstrates willingness and readiness to provide support and collaborate to promote team spirit
- Establishes relationships with junior team members; actively coaches, provides training, shares knowledge, feedback and support
- Demonstrates openness to new ideas; able to propose and actively initiate process improvement
- Demonstrates a high level of written and oral communication skills through audit reports, meetings and presentations
- Able to maintain effective relationships with auditees and audit counterparts and facilitates conflict resolution
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, able utilize data analytics tools to extract and analyze data
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
Societe Generale is an equal opportunity employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. We are committed to recognizing and promoting the talents and achievements of our employees and staff, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, and any other characteristic or status protected under applicable law.