Société Générale (“SG”) is one of the oldest financial institutions in France, created in May 1864 by Napoléon III. Today, SG is a top financial services group in the euro-zone, employing 157,000 people in 83 countries in three key businesses:
- Retail Banking & Financial Services,serving more than 30 million individual customers worldwide;
- Global Investment Management and Services, one of the largest banks in the euro-zone in terms of assets under custody and under management;
- Corporate and Investment Banking, offering customized solutions for clients across sectors by capitalizing on its worldwide expertise in Investment Banking, Global Finance and Global Markets.
The majority of Société Générale's activities in the Montreal, Canada are centered on the Corporate & Investment Banking (SG CIB) Division. SG CIB primary business is: Structured Finance, Equity Derivatives and Euro Capital Markets. SGCIB is headquartered in Paris, and is organized on a regional basis which consists of Europe, Asia and America (AME – US, Canada and Brazil).
The Global Technical Services organization (GTS) provides infrastructure engineering and administration for all SG staff and applications worldwide, and has a regional representation in each country where SG is present
The vision within GTS is to provide leading edge cost effective technology services and support based on an infrastructure that is shared by the SG companies, requiring adherence to common standards, policies and security settings. The teams are globally aligned in order to leverage best practices, standards and procedures on a worldwide basis.
The DVF group is responsible for the development functions within GTS. It contributes to the automation of the GTS services, the implementation of the private cloud and the development of software than can be used directly by other groups in the organization.
- Code and maintain Restful Web API and respect Github workflow
- Follow Agile Methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) using mainly Jira software
- Deploy product release in a continuous delivery way using Jenkins pipelines
- Identify and clarify business requirements
- Communicate with clients, coworkers about current tasks : know how to summarize feedbacks
- Understand OPS’ points of view and collaborate with them to create the appropriate services.
- Ensure procedures are followed and mechanisms are in place to ensure compliance to technical designs, best practices and are well supported