Banking Coverage Analyst
Corporate Coverage within Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking (“SGCIB”) is responsible for managing the Bank’s global business relationships with large U.S. multinational clients. The role you are applying to is in New York on the Consumer, Industrial and Chemical Corporate Coverage team. Currently, there are over 40 clients including some of the largest clients of the bank. Most are investment grade, well-known Fortune 100 names across multiple subsectors including food & beverages, luxury, diversified industrials, chemicals and other sectors.
Bankers in Corporate Coverage provide business lines within SGCIB and outside of SGCIB with access to client deal flow and assist in cross-selling all Societe Generale key global products. This is accomplished through client meetings with CFOs, Treasury teams and Corporate Development teams to pitch new business. Our goal is to develop business in accordance to Societe Generale’s high standards of marginal income, healthy returns and superior quality that meet the Bank's after-tax returns.
The business lines within SGCIB include: Corporate Credit, Mergers & Acquisitions, Strategic Acquisition Finance, Equity Capital Markets (Public Issues and Private Placements, Share Repurchase), Strategic Equity Transactions (Structured Share Repurchase, hedging of equity exposures), Debt Capital Markets (Public Issues and Private Placements, High Yield when appropriate), Project Finance, Asset Finance, Export Finance, Securitization, Foreign Exchange hedging, Interest Rate and Commodity exposures, Credit Ratings Advisory, Loan Syndications, Deposits and other investments, and Pension Fund investments. SG product teams based outside of SGCIB include local banking services (loans, cash management, hedging, etc.) through the French and International network of local banks, Cash Management, Vehicle Fleet Leasing and Management, Vendor Finance, Receivables Finance, and Securities Services.
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities
• Pitch presentations (slide creation and binding)
• Pre-Screening / Support Memos (business cases and client profitability analysis)
• Profitability analysis (advanced Excel modeling) for prospective transactions
• Acquisition finance modeling (Three-statement, Discounted Cashflow, Merger, Consolidation)
• Client profile development
• Special sector studies as needed
• Various internal reports and operational Coverage team support
• Corporate Finance data gathering on individual clients or industrial sectors
• Interaction with business line product specialists on specific client initiatives
• Tracking of live deal and pitch communication for current and prospective clients
• Yearly budget, periodic income forecast, income correction campaigns on the portfolio
• Communication with clients for periodic Know Your Client document updates
• Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering School or University with a specialization in Finance
• Strong organization, research capabilities, and written and verbal persentation skills
•Ability to write succinctly and convincingly (effective communication skills)
• Ability to handle several projects at the same time (2-4 live deals or projects at once)
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Strong personal drive and self-motivation
• Ability to reason through business situations
• Flexibility to work hours necessary to get tasks completed
• Desire to continue in the banking industry and in relationship management
• Strong Financial Accounting and Corporate Finance skillset
• Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (personality fit is very important)
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Proficient in computer based research tools (Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Thomson Reuters)
• Three-statement, DCF, LBO, Merger, Consolidation financial modeling ability
• Knowledge of bank products (can be learned over time)
• Ability to speak a second language (French preferred, but not required)
• Strong interest in finance and global capital markets
• Prior experience accounting, asset management, consulting, or investment banking
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
The VIE in New York is to begin as soon as possible, but you will need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states oft eh European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Why join us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 2300033G
- Entity: SG Americas Securities
- Starting date: 2023/05/01
- Publication date: 2023/03/08