Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) acts as a business solution center for Societe Generale, one of the largest European financial groups. If you are looking for a great career opportunity within the IT world, then you are in the right place.
Our IT Filiere has over 800 IT professionals, delivering services on four perimeters: Retail Banking, Security and Infrastructure, Internal Support Applications and Investment Banking. And our team is ready to expand and find new awesome colleagues to embark on this journey.
We want to provide you a meaningful career where you feel authentic and love your job. Day after day. Your tasks will be diverse but will have one thing in common: they will be useful to the community – on local levels and even global scales. Join us in shaping the world of tomorrow. The Future is You!
Specifically, you will be required to:
- Feasibility study and estimate the workload required to achieve the development & unit tests
- Assist the business analysts with the elaboration of functional specification
- Validate the detailed functional specifications with BA and QA
- Produce the detailed technical specifications
- Perform the development and unit & integration tests and ensure compliance with the technical specifications
- Anticipate potential performance issues during the development phase
- Perform automated code reviews regularly to anticipate and avoid potential new vulnerabilities and bugs
- Ensure deliveries to other teams (Homologation & subsidiaries worldwide)
- Anticipate alerts to the project manager if there is a potential risk such as a delay in delivery
- Fix potential bugs during the acceptance phase
- Code/set-up and document what is produced
- Update the Architecture Document and the Security Folder with each evolution
- Comply with the standards and procedures (architecture, security, quality, documentation)
- Appropriating the operating rules of the development environment
- You challenge the status quo, follow innovative standards and technology trends in order to provide the best possible solution to our colleagues and customer
Maintenance (bug fixing & support requests):
- Provide IT support to subsidiaries after deliveries in UAT & PROD
- Contribute to support requests and fix anomalies raised by subsidiaries
- Conduct technical meetings with the technical teams of the subsidiaries
- Maintain the versioning of the applications
- Coordinate with IT team to maintain the work environments (development & integration & homologation)
- Take charge of the relationship with the various contacts external to the service (Infrastructure, Architects, Security) and ensure end-to-end initiation and follow-up of requests with these teams
- Provide internal support to BA & QA on work environments
- Experience in similar positions of minimum 2 years
- Knowledge of SQL and writing SQL queries in one or many SQL Databases
- You are ready to understand the business processes behind the technology
- Very good knowledge of reporting programs like Qlik Sense
- Experience working with tools for creating ETLs: Example Talend
- Proven experience with Java programming language
- Understanding of the client/server and n-tier architectures
- Foreign languages – English – good skills level (spoken and written)
- Experience in insurance / banking / financial services is considered a plus
Why join us
SG GSC is a Great Place to Work® certified company. Here, you will find a flexible workplace and culture, autonomy, constant learning opportunities, dynamism, and talented people, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
Plus, you will enjoy all our benefits
- competitive compensation & remuneration, including annual performance bonus;
- preventive healthcare plan, and group health & life insurance;
- wide range of flexible benefits within a monthly budget;
- office perks, wellbeing and mental health programs;
- various social benefits and bonuses for personal or family events;
- 9-to-5 workday & work-from-home options with enablement bonus at onboarding;
- additional paid and unpaid time off, including Sabbatical leave;
- learning and growth opportunities based on individual development and career plans;
- unlimited access to various eLearning resources.
We are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious. Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years, or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating, and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful daily and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organization, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.