• Business analysis skills: Strong analytical mindset, attention to details, critical thinking, solution oriented
• Project management skills: Ability to see the global picture and think strategically, identify dependencies and risk, stakeholder management & communication, ability to structure ideas into concrete actions, familiar with the agile methodology to change
• Comfortability with analyzing an abundance of data to resolve problems beyond the surface and potentially identify trends
• Soft skills: Adaptable, organized, clear communications, interpersonal, independent yet team oriented
• Practice of Agile methodology in scrum framework
• Maturity in Software Craftmanship, continuous integration and IT release management
• Technical skills : Unix, Sql, Cloud platforms, API sourcing
• Experience in the investment banking industry on wide range of domain with a focus on regulation and finance
• Accounting and Regulatory functional knowledge is a strong plus
• 3-5 years of IT experience in banking industry
• Excellent academic record including a degree in Engineering or Accounting and Finance
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Information Technology Department (within GBSU) provides and maintains IT solutions to support the business’s growth. To strengthen the delivery capability, we are opening a permanent position based in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will join the Risk, Referential and Finance team (GBSU/FRM/APR) as a business analyst and technical analyst. GBSU/FRM/APR is a regional team with over 30 people based in Hong Kong and Bangalore, covering the Asia Pacific region (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, India and Australia).