Description of the Business Line or Department
Societe Generale International Limited (SGIL) is one of Societe Generale’s primary booking hubs for listed execution, clearing and financing activities within Societe Generale Global Markets Divison and a fully owned subsidiary of Societe Generale.
SGIL primarily supports the Prime Services (MARK/EQD/PSC) business, centralizing the booking of the following activities:
- Clearing and margin financing for listed and OTC derivatives for Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Financial Institutions and Cororates.
- FX Prime Brokerage, Equity Prime Brokerage and Fixed Income Prime Brokerage
- Clearing Collateral Management
As part of these activities, SGIL holds general clearing memberships of European CCPs and holds client accounts for both CASS segregated and non-CASS segregated clients.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up of the weekly DEA (Direct Electronic Access) Committee Agenda and minutes
- Assist in the annual renewal of the approval of existing DEA client base, including chasing clients and redirecting questionnaires as required.
- Assist in the Control of DEA activity vs DEA approved clients and the continuing development and use of tools to complete DEA due diligence and feeds to referential & ITEC tools.
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up of the weekly BAC (Business Activity Committee) Agenda and minutes
- Assist in the preparation of client templates for presentation to the BAC
- Provide help on maintenance of SGIL disclosures website, Prime Services AIMA DDQ, the associated RACIs, and the associated BL and client enquiries.
- Assist in the preparation of minutes & agendas for PSC / CLD monthly meeting
- Assist on the preparation and distribution of monthly Global and UK KYC (Know Your Customer) waves. Co-ordinate follow-ups accordingly.
- Assist on all ad hoc KYC remediations and dormant account population management.
The role requires strong analytical skills plus the ability to liaise with managers, understand the issues and work towards delivering solutions in agreed timeframes.
Through this role, the candidate will have acquired
- a strong knowledge of the organization and running of a global business
- privileged insight into the workings of a major investment bank department
- significant contacts with other teams within the bank: Front Office, BMO (Business Management Office), Compliance, Marketing, CLD (Client Lifecycle and Digital) and other support functions
- Strong analytical skills, excel, Word & Powerpoint skills
Summary of responsibilities
- DEA due diligence assessment run mode
- BAC run mode
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance of the AIMA DDQ and the SGIL Disclosures website and the RACIs
- Collect internal and/or external information for strategic projects
- Assist in coordinating the business line’s engagement with external requests
- Assist in developing analyses and summary messages for senior management
- Any other transversal tasks related to strategic projects and strategic planning
- This description is intended to outline the main responsibilities for the role and is not an exhaustive list, responsibilities may vary from time to time as directed by your manager.