Description of the Business Line or Department
The Commercial department is responsible for implementation and the development of the business through intelligent planning, reliable operations, providing a robust governance framework and creating productive relationships with the Private Banking, Wealth Planning and Credit teams.
Due to the variety of different roles within the Commercial team from Marketing, Communications, KYC, Governance and Project management. The Commercial team is able to facilitate supporting the Bankers, the Investment team and Wealth Planning when providing a service to our clients.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
· Investigate complex complaints including Ombudsman referrals and or cases which involve litigation.
· Oversee the client complaint process ensuring timeliness and quality of response
· Sample controls of complaint handling performed by team leaders
· Undertake root cause analysis of the complaints received
Summary of responsibilities
· Work in collaboration with the group wide Business Assurance team to undertake the timely execution of all necessary first line of defence control activity.
· Investigate complex, cases referred to an Ombudsman and any cases involving litigation, as and when received, being independent from the area about which the complaint has been made, or has arisen; thereby ensuring client’s rights are protected by investigating the matter outside the area about which the complaint has been received
· Provide feedback to Front Office staff and ensure the closure of identified issues
· Deliver on-going training to Front Office staff
· Maintain version control of business assurance procedures and execute action plans to remediate exceptions to these procedures
· Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long- term sustainability of client relationships.
· Proactively suggest improvements to processes and procedures which will reduce risk, increase productivity amid ongoing desire for the business to simplify and ensure first time right culture.