DESCRIPTION OF THE BUSINESS LINE OR DEPARTMENT
Inspection and Group Audit Division (IGAD – comprising General Inspection and Internal Audit) is responsible for Internal Audit activity for the Societe General Group. IGAD carries out independent reviews of operational entities, aiming at ensuring in an objective, thorough and impartial manner the compliance of the Group’s operations, the level of risk incurred, the enforcement of procedures and the effectiveness and relevance of the corresponding permanent control set up.
IGAD issues recommendations in order to better manage risks and, besides, increase the efficiency of the Group’s activity. The Audit teams cover all the risks of the jurisdictions they are in charge of. General Inspection, besides audit work, develops strategic views and may conduct consulting assignments for all sectors and activities of the Group. In order to achieve their missions, both the audits and the Inspection department work together to an annual risk assessment and intervention plan. Once the assignments have been performed, the teams have to follow up on the correct implementation of the corrective actions implemented by the auditees.
The Audit teams carry out audit assignments aimed at ensuring the effectiveness of the internal control system, specifically:
- monitoring the application of internal or external procedures and regulations;
- assessing the security of the processing;
- the quality of accounting and financial data; and
- the alignment of IT systems with the needs of the entity.
§ Complete assigned audit work under the supervision of a Head of Assignment.
§ Perform other audit related tasks assigned by audit management.
§ Performs recommendations follow up under the supervision of Heads of Assignment.
§ Tasks related to Audit assignments and team organisation (75% or more of available time):
• Execution of audit work on business audits in the locations covered by the UK regional team.
• Participation in Audit Diagnostic work under the supervision of Heads of Assignment.
• Audit testing in accordance with test plans assigned by Heads of Assignment.
• Document audit issues and all work papers in standard departmental formats and perform operational debriefs to auditees in conjunction with the Head of Assignment.
• Follow up outstanding audit recommendations until implementation.
• Support Inspection assignments, under the instruction and guidance of the assigned Inspector, if required.
§ Must perform and document all aspects of audit work in accordance with set departmental quality standards and local procedures.
• Perform work to assigned budget and timeframe, or inform the Head of Assignment in advance if this is not achievable
§ Tasks related to the ACA Training (25% or less of available time):
• Complying with the terms of your ACA training agreement and maintaining a training log in accordance with ICAEW requirements.
Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk or compliance requirements (e.g. security policies and regulatory requirements).
Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company’s Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny and professional practice standards defined by the IIA.
Responsibility for complying with the terms of your ACA training agreement and maintaining a training log in accordance with ICAEW requirements. Plus keeping the Qualified Person Responsible for Training (QPRT) updated on at least a quarterly basis with regard to study, work experience, time off to attend tuition courses and exam status.
You are expected to comply with the requirements of the DCPE Handbook, DCPE UK Local policies and procedures and International Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards.
All audit staff are required to sign the IIA Declaration of Professional standards and Code of Ethics on an annual basis. You sign to agree conformance to the following rules of conduct:
LEVEL OF AUTONOMY AND AUTHORITY
Able to make decisions on individual assigned work under the review and the supervision of Head of Assignments or Audit management.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.