Business Auditor (Capital Markets) Associate/VP
JOIN OUR DYNAMIC AND INCLUSIVE TEAM!
- Seeking an excellent opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading financial services groups.
- An ambitious Internal Auditor, ideally with previous experience in Financial Services.
- Looking to work in a diverse, respectful, and open team environment with like-minded professionals.
- Highly self-motivated with strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Interested in applying and developing data analytics techniques to audit work.
- A team player willing who can bring enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and overcome challenges.
If so, we want to hear from you!
What is the opportunity in more detail?
We are currently seeking an Internal Auditor to join our London audit team, covering the capital markets and security services activities of the bank across the UK, Ireland, Channel Islands, Gibraltar and the Middle East region.
As an Internal Auditor you will work under the day-to-day direction of a Head of Assignment, who reports into a Regional Audit Supervisor. Your activities will include, but not limited to:
- Contributing to the effective and efficient execution of internal audits from planning to reporting and supporting the Head of Assignment in all aspects of delivery.
- Monitoring and reporting on the timely and effective remediation of audit findings, which involves maintaining a follow-up process with the auditees, where applicable. You will be expected to anticipate and escalate delays and issues in relation to the remediation of findings.
- Contributing to the annual risk assessment and continuous audit monitoring activities, under the supervision of a Regional Audit Supervisor and/or Head of Assignment. This activity forms the basis of the annual audit plan and possible mid-year adjustments to audit coverage.
- Contributing to the preparation of presentations used for various committees where Internal Audit is represented.
Graduate with degree level qualification, ideally in a financial discipline, from a top business school and/or Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CPA) or IIA qualified, or time served experience.
Previous experience within the financial services industry, preferably this experience should have been gained in an internal/external audit, model risk, credit risk, market risk, finance, or compliance function within Investment Banking.
Work with confidence and demonstrate excellent organisation, with proven coaching, time management and stakeholder management skills.
Strong relationship builder and effective communicator across all levels within a team, with the business and externally.
Clearly identify key risks, key controls and gaps/breakdowns.
Demonstrate attention to details but can summarise key messages succinctly, verbally and in writing.
Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
️ Affinity for working within technical applications and dealing with large datasets.
Proficient/good command of MS Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) and data analytics tools.
Python, R or similar language is an advantage, although not essential.
Fluency in English is required, French is a plus
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.