Required core competencies for this position are knowledge of industry Business Continuity life cycle components, strong communications skills to ensure that BCM program status requirements and deliverables are clearly communicated to management and clients, and strong project management and organizational skills to ensure that BC deliverables are tracked efficiently. Attention to detail and substance is required to guide the business toward successful development of literate BCP arrangements and documentation. Good social and presentation skills are required to ensure coherent communication to all levels of the organization. Cooperation is a key factor in developing good working relationships and sets the foundation for successful partnering with our clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- 4 to 7 years of relevant BCM experience in the financial industry.
Technical Skills: MS SQL
- Bachelor's degree required
- CBCP certification preferred
Societe Generale’s Business Continuity Department(BCM) defines policies, guidelines and standards to be consistently applied across GBIS, covering all business continuity disciplines. Our responsibilities include:
- Development of adequate methods, models and tools support business units in implementing the BCM life cycle as well as setting up BCM organization and governance, reporting to periodically to GBIS executive management.
- Defining GBIS’ crisis management global framework as well as consistently raising and maintaining Business Continuity Management for all GBIS staff
- Providing expertise, advisory services and operational assistance on all BCM issues to local and global BCM managers as well as regional/country BCM coordinators
- Monitor regulatory, supervisory and industry developments which could impact GBIS BCM practices
In addition to these services, BCM also provides support during a crisis incident and if disaster recovery response is necessary, will provide logistical support during the recovery process.