Description of the Business Line or Department
The Commercial Department is responsible for the profitable management and the strategic direction of the Private Banking Teams in the UK, CI and GIB. To promote and manage sales activity and instigate sales initiatives. Achieve/exceed agreed local/functional budget KPIs. Ensure Private Banking teams operate within the risk culture and are compliant with all policies of the SG Group (Group) and Kleinwort Hambros (KH).
The CSG (Client Solutions Group) is responsible for developing and managing client solutions for Kleinwort Hambros. This includes products and services, as well as marketing and digital solutions to empower client facing staff to deliver exceptional client service and win new business.
Together the Commercial and CSG departments devise and implement the Client strategy of the Group and manage the commercial and client activities of the Group’s business units in a way that is consistent with the strategic objectives of the business.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The role will be a key senior leader in the Business Management Office supporting Commercial and CSG Teams to ensure the client-facing and product teams work in tandem.
The role holder will take a key role in driving systematic, operational and cultural change within the Commercial and CSG teams focused on commercial growth and efficiency. This will involve leading or being a key SME on wider KH/ SG Priv regulatory and strategic projects.
In order to contribute towards meeting the group financial targets the role holder will need to:
- Ensure client service levels are at the appropriate standard in line with SLAs
- Challenge staffing levels and responsibilities regularly to ensure staff are engaged in value-add activities
- Work with Commercial and CSG Teams to develop client and product specific strategies and deliver IT and operational changes to support delivery
- Put structure and MI oversight on key deliverables and project timetables to ensure all stakeholders have visibility of objectives and priorities
Summary of responsibilities
Functional and Operational Oversight:
- Support the Head of BMO and relevant SMRs to develop a central and regional operational model aligned to business strategy, building on the Kleinwort Hambros value proposition
- Identify growth opportunities and implement strategies to develop them
- Challenge strategic initiatives and ensure key dependencies, costs and risks are understood so initiatives have realistic cost/ benefit analysis and prioritisation can be accurate
- Utilise and build on data to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities
- Promote innovative solutions to drive efficiency and simplification while improving the client experience
- Contribute to the adjudication process needs of the various projects
- Participate in process mapping and existing organisation and process definition and the target organisation in connection with the COO teams and other functions
- Constantly challenging business models and processes to ensure they continue to be operationally lean and in line with risk appetite
- Deliver world class Commercial focussed change projects through the project lifecycle
- Oversees Commercial strategic change projects working with digital and data teams to ensure the optimal client experience
- Engages with stakeholders, taking into account their levels of influence and interests
- Leads, empowers and inspires others to deliver successfully towards the KH strategic goals
- Experience of process improvement techniques and methodologies such a Lean Six Sigma
- Utilise change methodology to re-engineer functional behaviour and underlying business processes
- Operate in a constructive manner with others (within the team, with the management, with other commercial teams, within SG)
- Cross border structure as staff based in CI/GIB will report to local Head of PB in terms of governance so awareness that line management will be dotted, with mix local control/oversight, centralised oversight, Priv Head Office oversight and co-ordination
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with commercial functions, particularly CSG, B2B, Finance and Treasury ensuring that the governance framework supports Private Banking to meet client’s and business objectives.
- Provide support functions with ideas and feedback to improve efficiencies, governance and client service standards.
- Drives and coordinates action with all support functions, notably risk, IT & compliance
- Maintain an appropriate balance between global standards and local rules and practices.
Operational Risk & Regulatory Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within their scope.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures within the business line.
- Ensure timely intervention when breaches occur and analysis of root causes to avoid repeated issues.
- Ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SG Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships.