- Solid programming skills in C# and related .NET technologies (5 years): WCF, Rest API, dotnet core
- Solid programming skills in C++
- Expertise in database programming including writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Programming skills/experience in Python
- Agile / Scrum experience including TDD
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery practices and tools
- Familiarity with container technology and hosting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an international and distributed team environment
- Critical thinking, curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow through all tasks to completion
- Ability to collaborate with rest of the team and work remotely
- Knowledge of financial instruments
- Knowledge of commodity index instruments
- Ability to read and speak French
- Five plus years of experience as a dotnet and/or C++ developer
- Experience working in support role
- Experience working in a global/international financial IT environment is preferable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
A career within the Societe Generale Group is an opportunity to participate in a team effort to build the bank of tomorrow.
Together, let's be the future:
- Commitment to putting integrity at the heart of our businesses
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
You're not convinced yet? Meet our employees.
Are you interested in knowing more? Click here to find out.
Societe Generale opened its Canadian headquarters in Montreal in 1974 to offer its financial services to corporations, financial institutions and governments. The Toronto and Calgary offices were opened in 1978 and 2006 respectively.
We now employ over four hundred people, both in the traditional banking sector (investment banking, funds and trading activities) and in the field of information technology, with the opening of our SG Montreal Solutions Centre subsidiary which, thanks to its geographical location and its cultural diversity, provides computer support and development for the New York and Paris teams.
Interested in Corporate Social Responsibility matters such as contributing to the protection of the environment or giving back to the local communities?
Several Employee Resource Groups have been put in place at Societe Generale in Canada to help you achieve a sense of fulfilment towards causes that matter the most to you!