Description of the Business Line or Department
The Cash Trade Support (CTS) team is responsible for the middle office support functions for the MARK/EQD/CEE (Cash Equity Execution) and MARK/EQD/ETF (Exchange-Traded Fund) businesses and the day to day oversight of the outsourced back office to Accenture Post Trade Processing (APTP) and SGGSC (SG Global Solutions Centre) activities.
CTS implements all necessary means to ensure the operational, administrative, and financial processing market and credit operations initiated by business lines.
In addition, CTS ensures the control and security of transaction processing in accordance with current financial legislations.
- The execution of all operations performed by FO
- The first level of control on operations and "quality" certification
- Customer Relationship Management on Post Trade: Relationship with customers, KYC, any support during the life of the transactions
- Management of repositories
- The steering of regulatory evolution projects
The control of external service providers
Summary of the key purposes of the role
CTS main responsibilities & tasks:
- Fully understands booking rules and their impacts on the complete FO – BO - accounting chain
- Controls Sales & Traders’ booking in relevant product database versus available external reference sources
- Guarantees and ensures the position integrity from Front Office to Back Office
- Ensures end-of-day accuracy and consistency of position and valuations
- Systematically raises alerts in case of abnormal events; abnormal variations, trades, behaviours...
- If given FO delegation, books deals in product database on the basis of written FO booking instructions
- Manages events, positions and resolves breaks
- Performs internal controls (permanent supervision, FBK validation, etc...)
- Monitors key indicators (e.g. CTS KPI) even on the off shored perimeter
- Monitors operational risks (e.g. exceptions follow-up, pending trades)
- Participates in projects to support the business line
Participates in Global and Regional CTS communities to share best practices
Summary of responsibilities
- Provides support to the business in line the specific job details and objectives contained in the Evaluation appraisal and objectives system
- Proactively mitigates potential risks, ensuring that they act within the best interest of the Company and its clients
- Engages and works in collaboration with colleagues to reach a common goal to find solutions, ensuring adherence to SG policies and procedures
- Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the SG policies and guidelines
- Recognises established policies and resolves and proposes solutions to adapt situations or ideas for improvement
- Shows pro-activity in the development of professional competences, deliverables and contributions to compliment needs and goals of the Company
- Provides constructive feedback when suggesting new ideas, promoting simplicity and innovations in a professional manner, and actively contributes and embraces change implementation
- Demonstrates accountability, ensuring to evaluate and improve own performance, actively seeking feedback where applicable