Description of the Business Line or Department
Societe Generale Global Transaction & Payment Services (GTPS) includes Payment & Cash Management (PCM), Trade Services (TRA), Factoring (CGA) and Cash Clearing Services (BAN), as well as the FX services associated with these activities.
The PCM team delivers and supports cash management products and services that are provided to our corporate customers. With over 6,000 specialists in over 50 countries, PCM is a strategic activity for Societe Generale, and we can offer the expertise of a large international banking group and experience spanning over twenty years.
The TRA team delivers all trade-related services such as documentary credits or LCs, Standby Letters of Credit, International guarantees, and finance associated across 50 countries.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- As part of the Global Transaction Banking division, the mission of the Sales Support Officer will be to support the Sales Director/s in their day-to-day commercial activities.
- The successful candidate will help prepare for client meetings, attend the meetings, and take responsibility for following up actions points until completion.
- By identifying new opportunities (“farming”), the Sales Support Officer will help grow the portfolio organically and increase NBI
Summary of responsibilities
- As a Sales Support Officer your key responsibility will be to help manage and build strong GTPS client relationships, to encourage NBI growth.
- You will work closely with the Sales Director/s to maintain the Global Account Plans for their clients.
- You will work with the Sales Director/s, Product Managers and all other relevant stake holders to prepare client pitch books, respond to RFI’s and RfP’s and all other marketing material.
- You will work closely with the Sales Director/s and relevant product teams to help promote specific product pushes and/or initiatives to our clients.
- You will attend client meetings and ensure follow up actions are recorded and acted upon in a timely manner. In addition, you will ensure Call Reports are completed and logged in a timely manner.
- You will perform regular client activity reviews to help identify any NBI leakage or downward trends and ensure corrective action is taken as soon as possible, escalating to the Sales Director/s where necessary.
- Working with the Sales Director/s you will ensure our CRM/pipeline tool is kept up to date and accurate, recording all sales opportunities that have been identified.
- You will ensure all client folders on the GTPS common drive are kept up to date and maintained in an orderly manner
- You will take ownership of any technical support our clients may require and identify the appropriate individual or team within GTPS to escalate the query to.
- You will act as secondary point of contact for our clients in the absence of the Sales Director/s to assist our clients with their day-to-day needs taking full responsibility to ensure queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- You will work closely with GTPS Product Managers to keep up to date with any changes or new services that may impact or benefit our clients.
- You will provide feedback from clients/prospects to our Product Development Division in order to ensure GTPS maintains a competitive position in the International Corporate Cash Management market.
- You will work closely with the Sales Director/s to provide any credit related services our clients may request taking responsibility for managing the internal processes and working with the appropriate teams to ensure requests actioned and implemented in a timely manner.
- You will take ownership of any new client on-boarding working with the appropriate teams to ensure KYC processes are completed in a timely manner, always keeping our clients abreast of progress.
- You will work in collaboration with our global GTPS partners to ensure our clients are supported across their global business.