Societe Generale opened its Canadian headquarters in Montreal in 1974 to offer its financial services to corporations, financial institutions and governments. The Toronto and Calgary offices were opened in 1978 and 2006 respectively.
We now employ over four hundred people, both in the traditional banking sector (investment banking, funds and trading activities) and in the field of information technology, with the opening of our SG Montreal Solutions Centre subsidiary which, thanks to its geographical location and its cultural diversity, provides computer support and development for the New York and Paris teams.
Interested in Corporate Social Responsibility matters such as contributing to the protection of the environment or giving back to the local communities?
Several Employee Resource Groups have been put in place at Societe Generale in Canada to help you achieve a sense of fulfilment towards causes that matter the most to you!
Get on board and get involved! We are here to support you!
GBSU/RPM is the global department in charge of steering IT Risks & Production for GBIS ("Global Banking and Investor Solution").
The key missions of the department are to:
- Define, consolidate and steer all production indicators (KSI, SLA, etc.);
- Ensure the consistency of production practices & tools across GBIS and animate related communities of practices;
- Deploy and steer IT Risk Management processes, while respecting policies defined with the operational and cybersecurity risk departments;
- Manage Transversal Production transformation projects.
- Supporting the execution and improvement of ITIL-based Service Management processes (including but not limited to Release, Problem, Incident and Configuration Management), providing progress reports and assisting the deployment of IT Service Management tools.
- Assist in the coordination of project delivery within the Service Management department.
- Provide support on day-to-day operations supporting Release, Problem, and Crisis processes
- Execute monitoring and auditing of processes, produce performance and exceptions dashboards to support organizational roles and strategies.
- Maintain an efficient interface between infrastructure and business entities within the IT department.
- Act as one of point of contact for Service Management matters with IT departments in Americas, Europe and Asia.
- Support the coordination of activities during the Week-ends and holidays.
- Support the coordination of disaster recovery tests
- Manage impromptu user requests with a certain autonomy
- Provide a comprehensive day to day report for the manager