Chief Risk Officer (RISQ/CRO) - VP/Director - SG Securities India (Mumbai)
Job Summary: -
• The Chief Risk Officer (CRO) of SG India Securities is responsible for deploying a strong risk governance, framework, and practices within the entity, in accordance with the local regulations applicable, with the regulations applicable to SG Group, and with the APAC governance and policies. This framework should be designed considering the risk profile, the complexity of the activities performed and the size of the entity (capital and balance-sheet allocated).
• The CRO works closely with the First Line of defense (LOD1) represented by the entity Market Activities (MARK); Finance and Accounting (DFIN); Global Business Services Unit (GBSU); and the Second Line of defense experts from the region (regional risk teams). He/She acts as a second line of defense, providing an effective and independent challenge of the LOD1 assessments.
• The role focuses on providing support to Head - SG India Securities and Country- Chief Risk Officer in alerting it in the areas of Risk matters, driving internal risk reviews and organizational risk preparation to ensure a constant state of readiness.
• This role drives and anchors the continuous improvement across process, risk management and risk reduction.
Main Responsibilities: -
• Establishing and implementing a sound risk management framework for the entity; implementing and co-chairing (with the Head - SG India Securities) the Risk Management Committee.
• Identifying risks arising from the entity.
• Defining with the senior management of the entity the risk tolerance for each risk type.
• Providing an independent risk oversight to the business.
• Implanting regulations and keeping abreast of regulatory changes that could be impacting their countries/entities and business evolution from a prudential standpoint and acting as the liaison between risk function and their country supervisors.
• Defining local risk policies, standards, and procedures; in accordance with local regulation; APAC risk policies, standards, and procedures; and with SG code.
• Monitoring the business activity in consistency with entity limits and thresholds.
• Elevating major and emerging risks and issues to the Entity management and Country CRO.
• Co-chairing risk-owned committees (Risk Management Committee) and representing risk department in relevant local committees.
• Approving New Products booked in the entity, with the support of the regional NPC teams.
• Acting as RISQ sponsor for any project involving RISQ.
Academic Background (degree and major): - Graduate/ Master’s Degree in Science/Commerce and/or Professional Qualifications viz. CA, CS, GARP, MBA
Relevant Working Experience in number of years:- 10+ years of related professional experience in securities business, preferably at an international broking institution.
Skills & Competencies required: -
• Good understanding of securities businesses
• Sound knowledge of banking products and Indian laws and regulations
• Ability to provide professional and expert decision-making support and collaborative style to engage people at all levels
• Ability to work under pressure, attention to details, and perseverance in follow up work are all valuable attributes
• Leadership skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent Communication and Delivery Skills
• Ability to express convictions and make decisions with courage and respect (Responsibility – Courage)
• Ability to deal with conflicts proactively and in a positive mode (Team Spirit - Conflict Management)
Language Skills: Good command of English is mandatory (written and spoken), knowledge of Hindi, are desirable
Societe Generale Securities India Pvt. Ltd. (SGSI) is the stock-broking arm of Societe Generale Group (SG Group) and was one of the earliest foreign brokers to enter India. SGSI started with a representative office in 1994 and established a full-fledged presence by 1995.
SGSI is a Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) registered Stock Broker with Trading and Clearing Membership and obtained membership of Stock Exchanges (National Stock Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange and Metropolitan Stock Exchange) to provide services in various segments (Cash Equities, F&O, Currency & Debt) of Stock Exchange. The Company has been active in the Stock Market since 1997.
SGSI is managed by a team of professionals /specialists in the broking business. The Company has a dedicated team of specialist dealers & traders to cater to the needs of institutional clients.
The Company has established itself as a premium player in the institutional segment where quality service and best technology combined with best possible execution and clearing services. The Company aims to specialize and develop capabilities in providing best quality execution and clearing services to its clients.
Societe Generale is an equal opportunities employer and believes that a diverse and inclusive workforce should be encouraged and recognized.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Reference: 2300064W
- Entity: Societe Generale Securities India Pvt. Ltd.
- Starting date: 2023/05/01
- Publication date: 2023/03/06