Summary of the key purposes of the role
You will be part of a business and client-driven coverage organization (CORI/FIG) to work closely with Senior Relationship Managers and Analysts in the FIG universe. The role can be summarized as follows:
• Bring support during the whole lifecycle of the client/prospect relationship, which includes:
- Provide presentations, pitch documents, client information & research, press review and all other material needed by bankers & SRMs for client meetings, deal negotiation and management reports.
- Write Briefing Notes for Senior Management.
- Conduct industry research including: peers analysis, sector/country studies.
- Conduct internal reviews and follow up action plans per client/portfolio: analyze business potential and cross-selling opportunities, participate in internal meetings with salespeople to identify the opportunities/gaps.
- Monitor market trends and track client performance. Understand the impact of new regulation, market evolution for Financial Institutions and SG’s offering (including AQR, Basel III, Solvency II, MIFID and EMIR).
- Support origination and structuring of financing - CBA transactions with a follow-up on the booked operations; particularly preparing internal credit requests and validating details in documentation
• Contribute to the Client Profitability monitoring by:
- Being responsible for the review of client profitability, both achieved and estimated, for the whole dedicated clients’ portfolio.
- Update and maintain the client reference tables in internal referential systems (creation and updated of client group structures in CRM systems and any profitability-related analysis.)
- Contribute to the Counterparty Risk follow-up.
• Participate actively to the team development by:
- Optimising existing systems and processes in place
- Proactively identify and develop solutions for any inefficiencies impacting the day to day functioning of team; this would include but not be limited to client reporting, KYC requirements, operational considerations, CRM system enhancements and onboarding monitoring
- Develop relationships across the bank’s full range of business lines and products to effectively gather and relay client information; simultaneously enhancing knowledge around SG’s products and services
Summary of responsibilities
• Perform economic and financial analysis on key clients and prospects.
• Conduct industry research including: peer analysis, sector/country studies.
• Prepare presentation and marketing materials for use in client meetings and transaction execution, covering topics such as financing alternatives, capital markets activity, capital structure advice, treasury services and derivatives.
• Conduct internal reviews and follow up action plan per client/portfolio: analyse business potential and cross selling opportunities, participate in meetings with salespeople to identify the opportunities/gaps.
• Participate to the team development: optimising existing systems and processes, proposing new projects
• Monitor market trends and track client performance.
• Understand the impact of new regulation, market evolution on of Financial Institutions and SG offering (including AQR, Basel III, Solvency II, MIFID, EMIR )
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in Finance.
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient in Office application (excel, Powerpoint, VBA)
• Self-starter with proactive approach to their work with the ability to work without direct supervision when requested.
• Strong communication (written and spoken) and presentation skills; with the ability to engage with senior personnel in a high-pressure environment (notably the trading floor)
• The role will involve working in a fast paced and demanding environment. It requires an individual who has a strong interest in/ and understanding of financial markets, who is curious to learn and takes initiative.
• Proven analytical, computer and interpersonal skills
• Very good organizational skills
• Good interpersonal skills
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
Description of the Business Line or Department
CORI is the Coverage and Investment Banking division of SGCIB CORI offers clients the whole range of services offered by the bank, with particular focus on cross-selling the capital markets offering.
CORI/FIG is in charge of the relationships and develops business with SG’s Financial Institution clients. The team is composed of Senior Bankers and Senior Relationship Managers (SRM) who are assigned a portfolio of clients and whose primary operational responsibilities are to:
• Manage the overall client relationship in order for SG to be seen as a long-term partner
• Build network across C-suite, decision-makers, dealers and facilitators
• Understand client requirements, identify gaps in coverage, and work with front office salespeople to pitch suitable solutions and services
• Develop detailed client plans to establish pipeline opportunities/ priorities for resource planning
• Promote cross-selling, diversify revenue streams to support sustainable long-term business flow
• Supporting business lines on risk related issues