Client Services Analyst- Collateral Margin Team
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Client Facing Margin Team (CFM) supports the margin, collateral and cash management needs of the Prime Service and Clearing business line across all supported asset classes.
Working transversally with related operational and business line teams the CFM team animates the delivery of efficient and professional margin and cash servicing to Prime Services clients, external partners, and internal stakeholders.
What will be your DAY-TO-DAY?
Production and Client Centricity:
- Establish and maintain production stability by delivering high quality service to clients, maintaining vigilance of platform IT infrastructure, and applying situational awareness to market conditions/client specific risks
- Manage daily communication and prompt resolution of client margin inquiries across asset classes and currencies
- Capture and effect client external/internal payment operations
- Capture and effect updates and additions to client cash settlement instructions including call-back procedures
- Participate in margin related client onboarding and position transfer operations
- Capture and animate client cash balance FX conversion requests
- Identify and promptly resolve cash breaks
- Manage and execute account closure and offboarding requirements
- Manage, maintain, and update client reporting
- Prepare and contribute to regular client reviews
Process efficiency and transformation:
- Identify, address and as necessary, escalate inefficient or ineffective processes
- Educate and influence clients on expected practices and behavior. Reinforce as necessary
- Participate and contribute to process improvement and modernization efforts
- Participate and contribute to strategic transformation projects
- Apply scrutiny and situational awareness to client behavior and escalate concerns as warranted
- Ensure SGAS and its clients comply with both regulatory and house requirements
- Respect SG golden rules and generally accepted best practices
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of relevant clearing/settlement experience
- Knowledge of regulatory margin rules
- Understanding of product life cycle management
- Experience across asset classes
- Familiarity with joint audit committee margin handbook, rules, and regulations
- System experience with GMI
- Working knowledge of PC Span margining paradigm
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills
- Able to meet daily production deadlines in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Good knowledge of all MS Suite product (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
Languages: (Other than English)
Desired / Plus: French, Spanish, Portuguese
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities, and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
For more information about our Culture and Conduct initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/careers/get-know-culture/)
Our Diversity & Inclusion Mission: Recruit, develop, advance, and retain a diverse workforce that is united in our efforts to enhance our competitive position and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Vision:
• Engaged workforce that is demographically diverse in a way that reflects the communities in which we operate
• Inclusive culture and workplace that recognizes employees' unique needs and utilizes their diverse talents
• Engage our community and marketplace, and position the organization to meet the needs of all its clients
For more information about our D&I initiatives, please visit this link (https://americas.societegenerale.com/en/societe-generale-about/diversity-and-inclusion/)
HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Societe Generale offers a hybrid work arrangement that offers employees the flexibility to work remotely, as well as on-site, in order to promote interaction and collaboration with colleagues while adhering to all SG standard protocols. Hybrid work arrangements vary based on business area. The applicable Business lines will determine and communicate the work arrangements that best meet their business needs.
Societe Generale is an equal opportunity employer, and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. We are committed to recognizing and promoting the talents and achievements of our employees and staff, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, and any other characteristic or status protected under applicable law.