Description of the Business Line or Department
The Communication team at Societe Generale UK ensures:
- The definition of the communication strategy in the UK, in line with Group Communication.
- The promotion of Societe Generale’s brand, culture, values and identity in the UK.
- The support of its activities, principally in Financing & Advisory, Global Market and Investment Services, Wealth and Asset Management.
The Communication team is organised around two interlinked pillars:
- Thought Leadership
- Corporate Engagement
Corporate Engagement includes the Events team and the CSR team as part of the same pillar along with sponsorship, brand and internal and external communications. The Thought Leadership pillar includes Media Relations, Editorial, and Business Line communication partners.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The internship offered in the Societe Generale UK communication teams allows a 22 month experience dedicated to contributing to the promotion of Societe Generale to its stakeholders, both internal and external, with specific missions :
- 30% to provide support for the Media Relations team, across all press activities;
70%, as part of the Corporate Engagement team, to support internal and external communication activities.
Summary of responsibilities
- Within the Media Relations team, the main responsibilities will be:
- To assist the team and working with the UK PR agency:
- Assist in organisation of media events (press parties, cocktails, roundtables, press briefings)
- Support distribution of research to media including compiling information, obtaining approval and distribution, under supervision of Media Team
- Proof reading/editing of communications materials (press releases, Q&A, press statements, talking points, etc) produced by the wider team, under the supervision of head of team
- General administration such as updating relevant databases and media lists
- Supporting selected awards submissions
- Within the Corporate Engagement team, the main responsibilities will be:
- Production and publication of editorial content on the intranet, internet, other digital channels, and through our social media accounts.
- This will include drafting and editing content, arranging signoff by liaising with internal and external stakeholders, adding to branded templates and then publishing using our internal software platforms. You will also be responsible for ensuring the timely distribution of internal emails to all UK staff using the in-house software.
- Supporting the communication needs of the corporate functions such as HR, Compliance, Citizenship.
- You will provide support in managing the communications for the support functions. This will involve working with external suppliers such as creative agencies and our charity partners to deliver staff engagement campaigns, events and messaging.
- Support in the organisation and delivery of internal events – from working with stakeholders to define a calendar of events, to sending invitations to hosting online events.
- Ensuring reporting of activities including attendance to events, newsletters readership, social media coverage.
- Branding & advertising
- You will provide support by ensuring our brand guidelines are maintained
- across everything we do and support on any brand promotion activations.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
The position reports to the Head of Media Relations and to the Corporate Engagement Manager.