Description of the Business Line or Department
Compliance Monitoring (UK) is responsible for assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the arrangements that the business has put in place to facilitate compliance with their regulatory obligations and to confirm that remedial action has been taken where any deficiencies are identified in those arrangements.
The Compliance Monitoring Plan is based on key compliance risks identified during the annual Compliance Risk Assessment process. The Monitoring Plan includes a combination of thematic reviews, validation testing and mandatory monitoring driven by specific regulatory requirements or internal undertakings.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
· Assist in the development of the Compliance Risk Assessment and annual Compliance Monitoring Plan.
· Execute thematic reviews, validation testing and mandatory monitoring in line with timescales set out in the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
· Proactively identify key emerging compliance risks across KH and engage effectively with business unit contacts and management.
· Manage and track identified issues to resolution.
· The service enables senior management to ensure that Kleinwort Hambros Group:
o Complies with all relevant legislation, rules, regulations and codes of conduct;
o Safeguard the reputation of the SG and Kleinwort Hambros Groups
Summary of responsibilities
· Carry out thematic compliance reviews in accordance with the agreed Compliance Monitoring Plan. This includes defining the scope of the review, issuing terms of reference, planning the review, defining the tests, carrying out the review, liaising with management to agree the action points for any issues identified and issuing the final report.
· Carry out additional required ad-hoc monitoring as defined in the Compliance Monitoring Plan, including defining the tests to be carried out, carrying out the tests, agreeing and issuing the final report.
· Carry out validation testing of closed issues to ensure that action taken to resolve a previously identified issue continues to be in place and effective.
· Maintain accurate and complete records. This will require having good working papers, copies of evidence where required and detailed reports. All relevant data must be captured and stored accurately as set out in team procedures.
· Tracking of Compliance Monitoring findings – track the completion of remedial action in relation to significant Compliance Monitoring findings.
· Assisting the Head of Monitoring to define the Compliance Monitoring Plan through the annual Compliance Risk Assessment.
· Act as a point of contact for the business for all Compliance Monitoring queries.
· Management and Board reporting – assist Head of Monitoring in providing regular reporting to legal entity Boards of Directors and relevant executive committees (Group Risk & Compliance Committee, Group Audit Committee and Operational Committee) on the progress of work against the Compliance Monitoring Plan and status of agreed issues.
· Preform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationships.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
Expected to be able to work independently on reviews and liaise with appropriate management and other control functions (e.g., Internal Audit). This should include the production of accurate documentation that requires limited amendment
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.