As Compliance Officer of SG Amsterdam Branch you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head of Compliance in conducting the annual Compliance Risk Assessment for the activities present in the branch and setting up the resulting action plans;
- Drafting regulatory reports and discussing the outcome with the Head of Compliance;
- Advisory: drafting an opinion on the aspects of financial crime and reputational risk presented by new products and/or services; or by specific transactions/situations upon request of the business.
- Following-up on the actual implementation of corrective action plans following audits or inspections carried out by the supervisory authorities;
- Supervising and mentoring a junior team member (VIE) with regards to allocated tasks, including but not limited to the review of Transaction Monitoring alerts, Sanctions and Embargoes alerts and the provision of Compliance opinion on new client on-boarding / client reviews;
- Where necessary, liaising with/advising business lines, KYC teams and central FCU department in connection with the on-boarding or review of customers / counterparties;
- Independently overseeing and challenging the effective management of risks and controls within agreed risk appetite; that means proactively identifying potential or actual FC and NFC risks, ensuring timely escalation to the Head of Compliance and proposing remediation actions to address root causes and make sure the risks identified are back within the bank’s risk appetite;
- Assisting a junior team member in carrying out further investigation with regards to unusual transactions identified by the Business or transaction monitoring system and declaring these transactions to FIU Nederland, where necessary;
- Updating the local compliance policies and procedures in line with the Group's instructions and/or local regulatory laws and regulations;
- In close cooperation with the local legal department, keep and maintain an up-to-date local Legal Watch by closely following-up any new legal developments impacting the branch, advising local stakeholders of any new regulations impacting their businesses and/or providing impact assessment analysis for any Compliance-related topics;
- Actively contributing to enterprise-wide projects;
- Providing input for and execution of annual compliance plans;
- Acting as the deputy DPC for SG Amsterdam, including setting up the function and carrying out LOD2 controls in close cooperation with the external and Group DPO.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities